Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:43 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
North Dakota was mentioned as a great place to live here.

If you lke 4 seasons and mountains, what the heck are you doing in Fl, wait, you probably don't live here. If you don't like FL, that is your problem, not mine.
My goodness, I didnt realize what I said was going to be taken so negatively. I do live here, I was born and raised here. I just thought it was funny that the point of N. dakota where they have negative tempatures very commonly was the state chosen to compare to fl. Its not the worst place to live, I just stated my OPINION in that its great to visit but not the best to live. Also, the reason im still here is because of the pay (which others tend to complain about) that me and my wife each receive at our jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 06:34 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
My goodness, I didnt realize what I said was going to be taken so negatively. I do live here, I was born and raised here. I just thought it was funny that the point of N. dakota where they have negative tempatures very commonly was the state chosen to compare to fl. Its not the worst place to live, I just stated my OPINION in that its great to visit but not the best to live. Also, the reason im still here is because of the pay (which others tend to complain about) that me and my wife each receive at our jobs.

The only reason anybody is mentioning N. Dakota or is saying it is a good place to live is because they are currently experiencing a boom and there are jobs available.

I have been to N. Dakota...... no thanks and I am sure most people on this forum would agree. There's really nothing there and no reason to live there, except for the boom. They are paying very high wages right now because.... well.... you have to pay people to move to N. Dakota.

If Florida was experiencing the current boom in N. Dakota the wages would be significantly less. Why? Because more people want to move here than N. Dakota.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:37 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
We moved here a few months ago and are loving it. We researched locations for years and made countless exploratory trips before relocating and we are not disappointed so far. The natural beauty surrounding us each day and the great weather is truly awe inspiring. We were warned about the summer weather, as well, but didn't find it to be hotter or more humid than where we came from, so it was fine, and this fall weather is amazing. I feel blessed each day to live in such a beautiful location. Plus the people here are so incredibly nice. I am just so thankful.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:23 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
We moved here a few months ago and are loving it. We researched locations for years and made countless exploratory trips before relocating and we are not disappointed so far. The natural beauty surrounding us each day and the great weather is truly awe inspiring. We were warned about the summer weather, as well, but didn't find it to be hotter or more humid than where we came from, so it was fine, and this fall weather is amazing. I feel blessed each day to live in such a beautiful location. Plus the people here are so incredibly nice. I am just so thankful.
Hi Sunny, so glad you finally made it to Florida! I'm a native, and I always feel blessed to live here. I don't care if people call me a "cheerleader" for Florida, maybe I am, but I honestly wake up each day feeling like I can't believe I get to live here!

Enjoy!

Old 11-18-2011, 10:27 AM

794 posts, read 1,860,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Gosh, it's so refreshing to see and read others that have the same outlook and feelings as I do on this topic.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
The only reason anybody is mentioning N. Dakota or is saying it is a good place to live is because they are currently experiencing a boom and there are jobs available.

I have been to N. Dakota...... no thanks and I am sure most people on this forum would agree. There's really nothing there and no reason to live there, except for the boom. They are paying very high wages right now because.... well.... you have to pay people to move to N. Dakota.

If Florida was experiencing the current boom in N. Dakota the wages would be significantly less. Why? Because more people want to move here than N. Dakota.
Im not sure what happened or how it disapeared but I was responding to a comment someone said about the weather here and that "its better than N dakota".. well, duh... its like the arctic there in the winter..

Either way, blown out of proportion and i look like the idiot because the post I was talking about is no longer there.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:45 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
and in the summer, especially, Fl is quite hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
Im not sure what happened or how it disapeared but I was responding to a comment someone said about the weather here and that "its better than N dakota".. well, duh... its like the arctic there in the winter..

Either way, blown out of proportion and i look like the idiot because the post I was talking about is no longer there.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:45 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
come back and visit in july, then tell us how you feel.

btw my wife and i loved the area on our first trip as well. we still love certain things about it but it's definitely not paradise.
You are more than welcome to move back to wherever you are from then... you sound like a glass half full type of person.

With the exception of the humidity and heat in June, July and August and the current job situation, this area is just about perfect.

Find me another place better that you dont have to deal with Snow, Ice, etc...

Old 11-18-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
You are more than welcome to move back to wherever you are from then... you sound like a glass half full type of person.

With the exception of the humidity and heat in June, July and August and the current job situation, this area is just about perfect.

Find me another place better that you dont have to deal with Snow, Ice, etc...
Perfect to one isnt perfect to all. I personally would choose snow over humidity any day. Unfortunately the jobs that feed us are located here so here we will stay!

Old 11-19-2011, 03:53 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
I don't think I could do snow again!!But it is miserable here from May to October...if it was just June July and August our property values would be more in line with San Diego!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay