Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 02:21 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times

Advertisements

Yes, well, I will consider Lakeland "artsy" considering its size, geography and content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Of course it is, it comes from different individuals...

Which is why I rather not use a term like that when describing "any" city, because what is art to me, it is not to you etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 03:49 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
You need to find a job first.. not sure why you chose Lakeland but if you have never been there you should go visit. It is a nice small town. There are some pretty homes in the city plus a beautiful lake.

http://www.lakelandchamber.com/Events/

Old 11-15-2011, 04:30 PM

29 posts, read 45,053 times
We have been wanting to move to Florida for awhile and have been trying to find an area to call home. We love Orlando with all the things to do but did not want to live in the city. I had a job offer in Naples but there was seriously nothing there but old people. When we drove around Lakeland we just felt like we were at home. Nice neighborhoods, lots of people outside being active. Just seemed like a place that we fit in and would like to start our new lives together

Old 11-15-2011, 06:26 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonkbye View Post
We have been wanting to move to Florida for awhile and have been trying to find an area to call home. We love Orlando with all the things to do but did not want to live in the city. I had a job offer in Naples but there was seriously nothing there but old people. When we drove around Lakeland we just felt like we were at home. Nice neighborhoods, lots of people outside being active. Just seemed like a place that we fit in and would like to start our new lives together
We really enjoyed our time there. We lived fairly near to Lake Hollingsworth. There is a public path all around the lake and any time day or night you will see people of all ages, walking, jogging, biking or skating - very vibrant. All the lakes are beautiful, and we loved the restored Lake Mirror Promenade and the gorgeous formal Hollis Gardens. One thing I really loved were all the swan and butterfly sculptures around the city. Even the garbage trucks have swan graphics on the sides! Lake Morton is a swan sanctuary. Lakeland also has a nice performing arts center, and a restored vintage downtown around a central park.

There is a lot of civic pride in Lakeland, and many beautiful neighborhoods. I don't think you would be disappointed there. I could live there again.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:31 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,631,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
If there is an accident on I-4 all bets are off.
For reference - yesterday there was a fiery accident on I-4 that shut down all the eastbound lanes for 3 hours.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news...n-Interstate-4

Old 11-16-2011, 05:26 PM

428 posts, read 1,472,528 times
Traffic sucks, plain and simple. Every idiot who voted against the transit initiative last year should be forced to move out. Maybe that will clear the roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay