U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 05:51 PM

10 posts, read 49,820 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I just moved to FL and am staying in a temporary place until I find a permanent one. I am looking into Holiday, FL but I really do not know too much about it. I'm a renter right now and the rent prices in Holiday seem to be very reasonable. I just wanted to know more about the area, in general. I have looked up general data on the area, but I wanted to see what people who actually know the area had to say. Are the people friendly? Close to stores and a beach(es)? Is it a nice place to raise a family? Low crime?

Any information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 06:03 PM

3,237 posts, read 5,473,559 times
Not a good place to live. Not close to much except abandoned houses, half empty strip malls, meth labs

Old 11-16-2011, 06:06 PM

15,828 posts, read 33,145,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdreamer08 View Post
Hi,

I just moved to FL and am staying in a temporary place until I find a permanent one. I am looking into Holiday, FL but I really do not know too much about it. I'm a renter right now and the rent prices in Holiday seem to be very reasonable. I just wanted to know more about the area, in general. I have looked up general data on the area, but I wanted to see what people who actually know the area had to say. Are the people friendly? Close to stores and a beach(es)? Is it a nice place to raise a family? Low crime?

Any information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Prices are cheap for a reason - it's mostly a dump. There are far nicer areas to live that are reasonable.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:44 PM

Thanks. Can you recommend some places?

Old 11-17-2011, 04:12 AM

17,187 posts, read 11,341,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Prices are cheap for a reason - it's mostly a dump. There are far nicer areas to live that are reasonable.
You got that right! I see home prices as low as 21k, but it comes at a cost of crime, and plenty of drug dealers. The cost of living is cheap as well as taxes for a reason.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:59 PM

8 posts, read 26,109 times
I am a Trinity resident and can recommend the Trinity, Florida (34655) area. It is a nice family community located in Pasco County, New Port Richey, area. You will be fine if you look within the Trinity housing developments (Foxwood; Trinity Oaks; Trinity East) which have new construction as well as older beautiful homes most within gated communities, each area with elementary schools very, very close by. Schools are excellent as well. Trinity would be approximately 25 minutes to the nearest beach.

I would stay away from Port Richey; Holiday and any community near U.S. 19. You may also want to check the City-Data crime reports by zipcode or town that will give you additional information.

Good Luck.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:45 PM

@byetofl:

Thank you! I'll definitely look into Trinity. I'm staying in Port Richey now, and it seems to be a nice neighborhood but my family and I aren't too thrilled with it.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:19 AM

3,237 posts, read 5,473,559 times
If the OP is a section 8 connoisseur, then Holiday is the right place to be looking, there is unfortunately plenty of that there.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:08 PM

17,187 posts, read 11,341,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
If the OP is a section 8 connoisseur, then Holiday is the right place to be looking, there is unfortunately plenty of that there.
Darn, you beat me to it. The OP will be in heaven in Westport then since 80% is SEC8. Glad we have none of that in Danashores.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:33 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,272,301 times
Default Rats in Holiday

Did anyone see the story on channel 10 11PM news, about the man and his home in Holiday filled with rats. The reporter was talking with a next door neighbor and rats were running over his shoes. Rat droppings all over the driveway and a look through the front door showed droppings on furniture and floors. The neighbors said they contacted the local Health Dept. Code Enforcement and nothing has been done yet. Neigbors are afraid the rats will get into other homes.

When I saw the story I thought of this post on here, that's why I'm commenting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay