Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 12:58 PM

734 posts, read 920,814 times

Advertisements

Says the guy in NC. You probably think Carolina BBQ is the best, too.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:03 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
Says the guy in NC. You probably think Carolina BBQ is the best, too.
I lived in Chicago for almost 2 years and Eastern NC BBQ is the best in my opinion. I like other BBQ as well and can't recall ever having good que in Florida, unless you consider Sonny's good BBQ. lol

Old 01-12-2015, 01:05 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Did I say fish tasted better in Chicago? You have a one track mind and very poor reading comprehension skills. I said good seafood is available in Chicago, which it is. You act like seafood is the only food people eat or care about. I personally don't care for fish or seafood. These are not "made up stories." There is a whole freaking forum about Chicago restaurants, taste of Chicago, and too many ethnic cuisines to list. CHICAGO HAS A BETTER FOOD SCENE THAN TAMPA. GET OVER IT!!!
Again, you wrote "Don't forget there is a big *** lake right next to Chicago so there is a lot of fresh water fish as well.". What's the point telling me there's a lot of fresh fish in the water other than to demonstrate Chicago has better seafood and compare it to Tampa Bay's? If seafood is flown in, it means it's frozen. OTOH, there's an abundance of FRESH FISH in TB and FL. Can you tell the difference? Probably not.. that means poor reading skills.

Yes, seafood is available in Chicago, in the freezer section at a supermarket near you.. I don't care you don't like seafood..seafood doesn't like you.. move on.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I lived in Chicago for almost 2 years and Eastern NC BBQ is the best in my opinion.
My point exactly. Your credibility is... wait you don't have any.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Some of the worlds best restaurants are in FL. Some are in IL. There are plenty of them in France, Italy, Spain and many other countries.

Isnt Chicago known for its beef as the cattle yards all used to be there?

When I think Chicago I dont think sea food.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:26 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I am so impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Look at these famous chefs from Chicago one of them was Operas personal chef, some of these have been on iron chef. These chefs have restraunts in Chicago.

[url=http://chicago.metromix.com/stories/1069-top-chef-restaurants-in-chicago]Top Chef restaurants in Chicago | Taste the food of your favorite Top Chefs in the city.

Hers on for you

Moto
945 W. Fulton Market, Chicago, IL 60607
West Town
312-491-0058

Old 01-12-2015, 01:40 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
Some of the best seafood I've ever eaten has been down here in the Tampa Bay area (and I grew up near Chesapeake Bay). It's pretty difficult to get any fresher than right next to the gulf. The usual haters are the ones criticizing the offerings, though. No surprise there. And one of them doesn't even live here.
Its just my opinion, but I hate seafood restaurants that only serve seafood blackened, broiled, or fried. I prefer a dish, I live pretty close to the Colonnade and my kid actually likes it so we go whenever we cant figure out what to eat, I am personally not a fan and that the kind of seafood restaurant that is prevalent in this area, maybe I had bad luck but ditto for the ones that I been to on the beach, most of them are tourist traps.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:40 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Yeah sure ... tell that to the almost 10 million that live in the Chicago metro area. You might get a few to believe you

If Chicago is so freakin' great, then why do they go to Florida, Arizona, Upper Michigan, Hawaii, the Caribbean, anywhere BUT Chicago for their vacation? Floridians just put on their sandals and walk down to the local beach. No reason to go anywhere else!

Old 01-12-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Its just my opinion, but I hate seafood restaurants that only serve seafood blackened, broiled, or fried. I prefer a dish, I live pretty close to the Colonnade and my kid actually likes it so we go whenever we cant figure out what to eat, I am personally not a fan and that the kind of seafood restaurant that is prevalent in this area, maybe I had bad luck but ditto for the ones that I been to on the beach, most of them are tourist traps.
Try the sea bass at Ocean Prime.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:06 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Oh look, Tampa didn't make the cut. Miami did on 2 list, and even Jacksonville and Orlando made a list. Guess which city was on all three.

Best US Cities For Food - Best Food Cities In America

America's Best Cities for Foodies - Articles | Travel + Leisure

America's Greatest Food Cities - Top Ten List - TheTopTens.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay