Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 07:38 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times

Advertisements

That is actually true.

I think it IS because most people are dying to make long lasting friendships after they moved from somewhere else. Makes perfect sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
You're correct about that. Just talking to people and opening up a conversation brings out friendly people around here-

Old 04-14-2012, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,687 times
Default Men's Health?

What a silly magazine. I moved here to St. Pete in 1998 and absolutely love it. If you are depressed here, you are just depressed. St. Pete is a great city!

Old 04-15-2012, 12:45 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times
I can totally understand why it scores high, i mean look at the unemployment rate! People losing jobs left and right, etc. I cant say by any means that I am "happy" here. I'm "LIVING" here since I have no choice since we are military. BUT, with that being said, I cant WAIT to get back to Nebraska (which has #1 lowest nation wide unemployment rate, #4 on happiest city in US, etc).

Old 04-15-2012, 02:27 AM

41 posts, read 171,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
That is surprising. That, coupled with it being #20 "most dangerous" city in the US makes is pause for thought. Don't live in St. Pete, but we love to visit (mostly the downtown area). Here is the article about the dangerous cities:

The Most Dangerous Cities In America

Not surprised about Tampa being sad. It's been on those "depressed" lists before.
in this website, we can see also the 40 best cities in the world, and the 3rd is Paris : The 40 Best Cities On Earth - Business Insider

I know well France, and I hate Paris !!! (except the beautiful neighborhoods).
I really prefer Tampa Bay (even Tampa, although someone thinks it's boring) than Paris !
in Paris, there is bad weather, pollution and it's very expensive (real estate, life...)

(Sorry, I haven't read all the thread yet)

Old 04-15-2012, 06:05 AM

43 posts, read 166,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I enjoy living in an area where everyone around me is depressed and/or sad. It makes me feel better about myself. lol
hahaha, this made me laugh, kudos

Old 04-15-2012, 10:22 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,981 times
i think it has to do with the prevailing transient mindset of "Well, life isnt so great here in ohio or ny so lets pick up and move to florida and it will be paradise". When the reality is nowhere near paradise you end up being the same sad, depressed person from ohio or ny but just in a different location where you often dont know anyone or have job prospects. so many transients go from unhappy in location xyz to very unhappy and depressed in tampa. the avg person moving here isnt exactly a super successful incredibly happy person that decides to uproot their life to be in tampa, its the opposite

Old 04-15-2012, 10:35 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
this is very true - and is consistent w/ the transient nature of this area - along w/ a lot of oldtimers who move here from their hometowns up north.....

most people get homesick doing that.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:43 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
I agree with this 100%.

& also with the homesick thing....

The quetion is why they write these moronic articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
i think it has to do with the prevailing transient mindset of "Well, life isnt so great here in ohio or ny so lets pick up and move to florida and it will be paradise". When the reality is nowhere near paradise you end up being the same sad, depressed person from ohio or ny but just in a different location where you often dont know anyone or have job prospects. so many transients go from unhappy in location xyz to very unhappy and depressed in tampa. the avg person moving here isnt exactly a super successful incredibly happy person that decides to uproot their life to be in tampa, its the opposite

Old 04-15-2012, 11:39 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Asheville NC, here they all come, lol.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,254 times
I was born in Florida and once here, you can't get out. My mother tried, but if you look at the income index in Florida, you know there are a lot of people who just can't move out. Pinellas County is the worst. If you have a fetish for concrete and box stores, it's right up your alley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay