U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 11:17 AM

12 posts, read 10,217 times

Advertisements

A buddy and I are travelling to Tampa on a Tuesday night to attend a hockey game. I am wondering what the nightlife is like on a Tuesday night? Are we best to stay downtown or head to Ybor City? We are both mid thirties and are looking for a spot that we would fit in (age) and also
has great atmosphere and friendly folks, especially ladies.

Also, is the area of E Cass and E Tyler St safe for visitors?

Thanks in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 11:31 AM

420 posts, read 780,701 times
Cass and Tyler run parallel to each other so I'm not sure where exactly you're referencing. I'm assuming that you're staying at the Residence Inn and shouldn't have any problems here although if you head down Cass across downtown and hit Nebraska/Nuccio Parkway, this is a different story at night.

Downtown Tampa is pretty safe but the edges of it towards the north requires caution. I would advise against walking to Ybor if you choose to go there. Downtown bars that may be fun are the Hub (dive bar), Fly Bar (hipster bar), and Taps (nice lounge; best bet for ladies but I don't know about a Tuesday) but I would recommend Hattricks due to its hockey-connection especially on a hockey night. You also have the option of Channelside which is a walk from the arena, but it tends to be mild now (although I'm not sure how much fun it is on a game night).

Nightlife on a Tuesday will probably be bland especially downtown. I would recommend a cab into Ybor because this will probably be your best chance of having some fun. I prefer the bars on Howard Ave (a short cab ride away), but it you're wanting to stay within the downtown area, I would suggest going to Ybor.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:36 PM

Thanks GoRays813. Another quick question, would we be best to go to the ticket office for the Lightning game or is there an option of purchasing tics from scalpers? Trying to save my money for drinks!!!

Thanks again

Old 12-13-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnGuy View Post
Thanks GoRays813. Another quick question, would we be best to go to the ticket office for the Lightning game or is there an option of purchasing tics from scalpers? Trying to save my money for drinks!!!

Thanks again
I'm not too sure about ticket options because I haven't made it to a game this season yet (I know, I know). I was talking to a colleague of mine that is a huge Lightning fan and he said that he always purchases his tickets at the ticket office.

Always save money for drinks, haha.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:05 PM

4,586 posts, read 3,613,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRays813 View Post
I'm not too sure about ticket options because I haven't made it to a game this season yet (I know, I know). I was talking to a colleague of mine that is a huge Lightning fan and he said that he always purchases his tickets at the ticket office.

Always save money for drinks, haha.
Go the scalper route ... just bring a seating chart with you if you have a preference. As far as partying goes on a Tuesday, Ybor most likely will be dead. You'll be better off in SoHo ...

Old 12-13-2011, 04:08 PM

27,798 posts, read 27,945,762 times
Noticed that Lightning tickets are going for $6 on ebay - at least I found some for the NJ game last night.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:01 PM

Thanks everyone.

$6 a ticket is crazy, we pay more for a beer at the rinks in Canada.

Is Hyde Park Cafe worth checking out?

Cheers

Old 12-14-2011, 01:06 PM

4,586 posts, read 3,613,085 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone.

$6 a ticket is crazy, we pay more for a beer at the rinks in Canada.

Cheers
Never been, check out MacDintons on Howard ... usually a good crowd most nights.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Hyde Park Cafe is a good time if you're wanting to go to a club. Across the street is The Rack which is fun too. If you go to Hyde Park Cafe, I'd swing by south Howard Ave. first. This area is better for nightlife in my opinion.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:05 AM

What establishment might I be able to find live music - alternative or rock.

Thanks again for all your help folks. I just don't want to spend the evening bar hoping to find the right bar.

CdnGuy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay