Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 03:47 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,660 times

Advertisements

Yep, we're all agreed there are similar problems wherever you live whether it's climate, crime, job opportunities etc etc.
The question is whether you'd like to live somewhere that has all those problems AND crap weather ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 07:08 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
TBays weather is pretty good- with 2 seasons, cool n hot- Miami seldom gets cool maybe one or twice a year, and very HOT. It gets quite chilly but no snow to shovel. The lighting is bad, but in all,, for weather I do give it an A+

Old 09-01-2012, 07:44 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Yep, we're all agreed there are similar problems wherever you live whether it's climate, crime, job opportunities etc etc.
The question is whether you'd like to live somewhere that has all those problems AND crap weather ?
No, I don't want to live in a place that has crappy weather ever again. I lived my whole life in a place that had crappy weather the majority of the year. The winters were cold, gray, and depressing. It was too cold for me to enjoy the outdoors seven months of the year. A battle with cancer and aging parents prompted us to rethink our lives and location. I decided to retire and my husband got laid off, so we moved here, and I have to say it's my climatic paradise. We've been here 14 months now and I have worn shorts and flipflops all but seven days since moving here. I wake up almost every day to sunshine, warmth, blue skies, palm trees, tropical flowers, and natural beauty surrounding me. My parents are thrilled to have us close and spending time with them has been a blessing. I wish everyone here could be as happy as we are, but perhaps knowing life is so fragile and variable has helped us see things through rose-colored glasses.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:54 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
TBays weather is pretty good- with 2 seasons, cool n hot- Miami seldom gets cool maybe one or twice a year, and very HOT. It gets quite chilly but no snow to shovel. The lighting is bad, but in all,, for weather I do give it an A+
Especially now in January, more and more people dream of warmer weather in the winter.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:16 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
You are going to love Florida. I was never fond of winter either and now I'm essentially done with it. No more scraping windshields, no more shoveling snow - yippee. We moved here from Ohio about six months ago and have been thrilled with our new locale. The weather is amazing and, until this latest cold front hit, I was wearing shorts and flipflops every single day. People here complain about the summer, but we didn't find it to be any worse than Cincinnati in terms of heat and humidity, but it did last longer - which was okay with us because we like it warm. Most days are sunny with blue skies and after years of gray and gloomy in the Midwest that's something we really appreciate. The natural beauty of the area is awe-inspiring and impossible to miss. You can be outside everyday walking, biking, gardening, or doing whatever you wish. Plus, as you stated, there are so many fun things to do in close proximity. I'm sorry you have cancer, I can relate. So far I'm a survivor, but you never know, which makes living every moment fully, in a place that you like, all the more important. Best wishes to you and your family. Travel safely and we'll leave the light on for you.
+1

Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 AM

315 posts, read 652,178 times
lol, the people saying how "nice" the weather is are the first ones to freak out and flee when a Cat 1 Hurricane hits.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:15 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
lol, the people saying how "nice" the weather is are the first ones to freak out and flee when a Cat 1 Hurricane hits.
Be nice. At least appreciate the fact that a thread was created in honor of you.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:35 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
BUT some comments say people are grumpy and unhappy about living here are miserable people... and I am a happy bubbly person, 99% of the time. My preference is to find the same atmosphere,,,not just in climate or style of buildings, its " people " thing. I think Tampa needes some serious code enforcement for clean up and tidying areas, but it's got great natural qualities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay