Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:21 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,633,921 times

Advertisements

We have weak tornadoes form now & then during the thunderstorm season or associated with tropical storms. We don't get those huge town-leveling monsters like they do in the mid-west. Lightning is generally a much larger concern than tornadoes around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 05:45 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Your wife need to get a Florida license to practice nursing in the United States.

Board Overview - Florida Board of Nursing - Board Overview

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/nursi...icant_Info.pdf

Old 12-27-2011, 11:08 PM

149 posts, read 259,817 times
Tampa Bay metropolitan region is very large and is made of many cities. Each have family friendly neighbiorhoods. Check out city-data.
There are a French families that have come to live with family in this area and opened businesses. One is the owner of "Cafe de Paris" in Indian Rocks Beach. If you could contact any of them, they would have good feedback for you.
Good luck!

Old 12-28-2011, 01:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrenchy View Post
Yes Crazynip, I've done all the paperwork and we already have green cards. I'm thinking about working in houses renovations. Besides, do you think it's a good trade in tampa?
Although selling houses might be in a bit of a slump right now renovations to houses might not be as people are always in need of some renovations to various parts of their houses.
You might want to check if that green card has a time limit on when you have to use it, as i had a friend who immigrated from Canada and when he got his green card he was told he had 6 months to make the actual move to the USA.
Heres the local Tampa Bay area news paper.
The Classified ads and the weather section could prove helpful
Tampa Bay, Florida news | Tampa Bay Times/St. Pete Times

Old 12-30-2011, 10:26 PM

37 posts, read 178,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrenchy View Post
It's cool, currently my wife is nurse here in France
just my opinion here. Take a look at the map. There is more to this area than south tampa. I have lived outside of Tampa, in east Hillsborough for over 30 years, and you couldn't pay me to live in south tampa. it just all depends on what you like, and the money you have to spend on housing. Outside the tampa area, the variety of housing and prices is quiet varied. In many areas, it is a buyers market, as prices are certainly depressed. I would encourage anyone coming to the area to live, to spend some time driving around, and get a feel for the area. There is enough variety around here, you can find what suits you. everything from heavy urban area, to out in the country with lots of room, and everything in between. if it was me, I would rent for a while before i ever bought anything. I believe prices are going to drop even lower than they are now. just my opinion.
Good luck in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay