Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:35 PM

181 posts, read 357,056 times

Advertisements

i agree roadtrip77, let tampa retain some southern charm. those NE-sterners and their hectic, angry attitudes just dont belong in a beachy, retirement, family friendly place.

i opened a door for a lady in a wheelchair at usf from ny. she almost bit my head off, bcs she assumed i was running in front of her inconsiderate like as oppose to running up to get the door for her. to her credit, she did say thanks & that she was used to having to stop the doors with her chair before anyone would give her a hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 03:32 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times
I'm all for less people - I want to move to the suburbs. HOWEVER, keep in mind, the less people here - the less money the area has. Please don't forget how heavily we rely on tourism.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:49 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedition View Post
No love for Tampa during 'Daily Show' segment as RNC nears | TBO.com

I love when I see people mocking Tampa. The more people stay away from Tampa, the more I have the traffic-less roads, crowd-less stores and pristine parks and beaches to myself. Fewer people also equals less development, less pollution, less poisoning of our rivers, lakes, seas and springs.

I have lived all over the world and the quality of life here is EXCELLENT.

But let everyone else think Tampa is a ***hole.

More peace, quiet and gorgeous autumns, winters and springs in paradise just for me!
Al those stores are going to close without the customers, And where are all these pristine beaches in Tampa? as i've never found any..

Old 01-06-2012, 04:38 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,300,717 times
At Sea-World they have a show with Seals (I am sorry the show name escapes me now), but when we had annual passes there, and went very often they were making fun of "Tampa" in every show. It was in their script. They pull a joke on a spectator, and when he/she didn't get it, or even knew it was him/her they'd say: "He must be from Tampa"! On Every show!

Daily Show Rocks though, John Stewart is awesome...but how can you call a "City" a***hole? that's just weird! That guy probably visited Nebraska Ave when in town! LOL and called that the "city"...hahahahaha

Old 01-06-2012, 04:54 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
For as bad as Tampa/St Pete is, there sure are a helluva a lot of NYers here.

Word must not have gotten back to New York what a hell-hole this place is.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:09 AM

IF You view this from a "New-Yorker/Executive" point of view...where they're used to get off they elevator and have everything, and more available within a few feet...then sure, they will bad mouth Tampa to the sky and back! (since now, they have to "drive" everywhere, and we all know HOW "well" they do THAT!)

IF You view this from a "New-Yorker/can't make it in NY/sick of winter" person...then you have a whole other bad mouth situation! These are the isolatist ones; (there were a few of these at my kids school) who get in the house, close the door, and don't want to hear the world anymore! These guys bad mouth Tampa because they expected something "else", like some paradise where they don't have to work anymore, and just sit at the beach all day.

The Daily Show is a parody though...I wouldn't take that too seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
For as bad as Tampa/St Pete is, there sure are a helluva a lot of NYers here.

Word must not have gotten back to New York what a hell-hole this place is.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:31 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
Tampa probably is classified as a $H!^hole by some people because our football has been terrible many more years than it has been good. Everyone in Baseball knows Tropicana field is pretty terrible. These are two of the most frequently publicly displayed items of Tampa and therefore makes an impression on people. Oh... and Hulk Hogan.

I mean really, Green Bay Wisconsin.... that place has to be super crappy but you never hear it. Probably in part because they have a good football team and a lot of positive is related with it.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:24 AM

Why should any city be judged by sports?
&/or questionable "celebrities"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Tampa probably is classified as a $H!^hole by some people because our football has been terrible many more years than it has been good. Everyone in Baseball knows Tropicana field is pretty terrible. These are two of the most frequently publicly displayed items of Tampa and therefore makes an impression on people. Oh... and Hulk Hogan.

I mean really, Green Bay Wisconsin.... that place has to be super crappy but you never hear it. Probably in part because they have a good football team and a lot of positive is related with it.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:08 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Why should any city be judged by sports?
&/or questionable "celebrities"?
I;m not saying they should. But these are the things that put Tampa in the media most often. Since it's in the media this is what a lot of people think of Tampa.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:13 AM

Maybe someone should shake these "media" ppl up! it is insulting to associate this area with a low performing team, or that type of celebrities. It is ridiculous is what it is. I guess these media ppl are just that closed minded, they could be talking about the Dali Museum which is gorgeous...and a lot of other things...its not like there is "NOTHING" else there but the Buccs!

Tampa is not NY, but is also not a hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I;m not saying they should. But these are the things that put Tampa in the media most often. Since it's in the media this is what a lot of people think of Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay