Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 06:36 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by planedition View Post
BUT IT'S THEIR FAULT!!!!!!! WHO SCHEDULES A CONVENTION IN FLORIDA IN SUMMER???? I will never understand that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Amen, that seems really stupid. Most likely there is a reason, like somebody's pocket being lined with money.
The convention is right around the same time of year every time. Why should they not have it in Florida if they have a good venue for it? Because some people don't like warm weather?
When they have it in other cities, does someones pockets get lined?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 07:07 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Geez, people. All this drama over a stupid quip by a stupid comic? There are a lot more things one can get worked up over.

Bottom line, they chose TAMPA for the convention, and that is a great coup for the city. Going to help the economy all around. I'm sure they don't give a d*mn about some idiotic remarks made on a comedy show.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:17 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
......and to add to this: Are they coming to this convention to walk around the city in suits? or will they be locked up in air conditioning, far, far away from the "hot and humid" outdoors??? OR are these politico's worried about the Golf breaks? (which wouldn't be surprising at all, since that always seems to come first) LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Geez, people. All this drama over a stupid quip by a stupid comic? There are a lot more things one can get worked up over.

Bottom line, they chose TAMPA for the convention, and that is a great coup for the city. Going to help the economy all around. I'm sure they don't give a d*mn about some idiotic remarks made on a comedy show.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:19 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
Quote:
WHO SCHEDULES A CONVENTION IN FLORIDA IN SUMMER???? I will never understand that.
They schedule it in the summer when ppl are in vacation so nobody pays attention to their crap! hahahahaha They don't want people to "really" pay attention to what they're talking about...

Old 01-07-2012, 11:18 AM

83 posts, read 141,393 times
Agree, it's seems strange that so many would be getting their panties in a knot over this. If you Think Tampa is so great, why do you care what some comic in NYC says? In fact, what do you care what anyone thinks? If Tampa is as great as you say it is, it won't matter what anyone says about it, word will get out how great it is, and people will flock from all over to come see for themselves how great it is, and everyone will be amazed and want to vacation and move here because it's so great, and then Tampa will become the next Portland or Austin.

In the meantime, go out and enjoy your amazing city, and stop attacking all of us who want a communal chuckle about Tampa being recognized nationally as a **** hole.

Where I lived before this, I didn't care what anyone thought about the area, because it was beautiful and I loved it, and didn't spend the time on forums belittlleing people who didn't agree with me. I was too busy enjoying it. Then again, it was hard to find people who hated my previous hometown in Virginia....

Old 01-07-2012, 12:33 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Come on guys, it is just a line the comic throw out for his audience . Where is the sense of humor?

Old 01-07-2012, 01:35 PM

485 posts, read 1,011,665 times
"even the dingiest, scariest parts of arlington do not compare in any way to what you'll find in east tampa."

first, i never said anything about "east tampa"

second, i think the sleazy parts of arlington and tampa are equally dingy, scary, sleazy

i guess this is a matter of opinion

again, my original point is, was and continues to be that MANY American cities have the same "problems" that Tampa has; Tampa is not the ONLY city with these problems

Last edited by planedition; 01-07-2012 at 01:46 PM..

Old 01-07-2012, 04:22 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,316,881 times
Republicans and teabaggers which permeate the SouthEast love to talk about personal freedom and responsibilities except when it comes to things like drug and alcohol use, strip clubs, prostitution, etc. At that point, THEIR version of morality is apparently the only one which matters.

Do a little research on how many Republican politicians have been caught with their pants down in a bathroom stall with a member of the same sex. Bunch of hypocrites.

Last edited by Sunscape; 01-08-2012 at 03:58 AM..

Old 01-07-2012, 04:30 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,316,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
even the dingiest, scariest parts of arlington do not compare in any way to what you'll find in east tampa. in fact, i'm wondering just what areas you had in mind when you concocted your original post. four mile run? the area between shirlington and glebe rd/ballston? sure it isn't pretty but it ain't nebraska ave.
Ok, using the DC Metro as an example:

Pick the WORST parts of Tampa. Then compare them to places in East DC or parts of PG County like Anacostia, Hyattsville, Greenbelt, Capitol Heights... CASE CLOSED...

I dont know where the comparison between Tampa and Arlington came from. Most of Arlington is very nice, and uber expensive. Especially places like Ballston along the Orange Line...

Old 01-07-2012, 04:54 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
One thing I can guarantee you: You do not want New Yorkers or Daily Show types discovering the city of Tampa.
You do if you want your property values to rise!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay