U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 05:55 PM

3,237 posts, read 5,584,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
True, but they will scream at each other at 3AM, throw rocks at your dog, urinate on your house, pull your landscape out and throw trash on your lawn every Friday night they stagger home from Mc Dintons. They also have no manners. Try holding the door for one, see if you get a thank you.
I would rather get attitude than mugged.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 09:17 PM

204 posts, read 467,738 times
Quote:
I tried to have a house built there. Had a contract and everything. After I signed the contract the contractor(gerardi construction) added a addendum, which stated he would not be painting the walls, adding phone outlets, light switches, etc. we got a lawyer, spent $5k and got our money back.

I have spent a lot of time in Ybor and have never had any trouble. I'm not saying the surrounding area is the best, it isn't, but contrary to what the media, and people that are afraid of their own shadow would have you believe, you Can go live in Ybor and not get raped, murdered or robbed.

By the way, I have sinced moved to the beach in a nice waterfront home.
I figure, if you are going to live in Fl, you might as well live at the beach.
Well yeah! I've been saying that for over 20yrs; specifically if you can afford it get a stilt house right on the beach. Back in the day they were cheap to rent and with the waves and breeze blowing in it's the best. I only consider Ybor because of the affordable housing and totally agree that there's a big no man's land out there. I'm probably not going to do it because the threat of being killed by a crackhead is literally to great, I wouldn't be able to enjoy lounging outside because sometimes they are just wandering around, and have terrible impulse control to begin with. I'm going to go down there and check things out one these days and will post the results.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:01 PM

17,817 posts, read 22,648,294 times
Quote:
Nothing wrong with Ybor. I own a business there and live in South Tampa. My wife and I both prefer Ybor. There are none of the yuppie douchbags that infest the Hyde Park/Soho area. My wife and I aren't young, but we still really like Ybor.
Can't you see the irony in your post....LOL?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:45 PM

663 posts, read 1,019,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Can't you see the irony in your post....LOL?
No
Please point it out! Read my other posts on here too please. It explains why I don't live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay