Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 03:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,041 times

Advertisements

Wow, I was thinking of moving to that area in the summer of 2012. Now I'm having 2nd thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 05:20 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,076,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie123annie View Post
Wow, I was thinking of moving to that area in the summer of 2012. Now I'm having 2nd thoughts.
You are thinking of moving to Ybor or to Tampa. Ybor is just a few blocks and is full of bars and restaurants. It close to UT and that is where many college kids go to party

Old 01-21-2012, 05:44 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,257,144 times
Stating the obvious - but oving anywhere without visiting first? Not exactly a good idea....check the area our for yourself. Doesn't look like the safest place to live, imo. Relatively near the industrial ports of Tampa - nightclubs, bars, etc. I don't see the draw to the area as a place to live.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:25 AM

133 posts, read 191,544 times
NIce place to see tricked out cars ,, very interesting looking folks,, lots of 18 plus clubs so the kiddies are definitely out in force, it seems to be half clubs, and half overpriced parking lots,, YBOR is a very small tho. hmm wat else,, yea thats about it . Wierd thugs of all races who are ready to fight eachother at the drop of a hat.

Last edited by movinaround1; 01-26-2012 at 08:34 AM..

Old 01-26-2012, 07:10 PM

663 posts, read 1,138,968 times
Nothing wrong with Ybor. I own a business there and live in South Tampa. My wife and I both prefer Ybor. There are none of the yuppie douchbags that infest the Hyde Park/Soho area. My wife and I aren't young, but we still really like Ybor.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:53 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,287,381 times
Ybor City is an absolute no-man's land ANYWHERE EAST of 22nd ave. and ANYWHERE North of, say 9th Ave. Live there at your own risk. There is a VERY, VERY small, habitable area near the HCC campus and on 4th and 5th ave WEST of 21st Ave.

A VERY small area. I would really not consider it safe and would not live there. It gets constantly hit and run by gangs and thugs from college hill and the no-man's land I previously mentioned.

Also lovely stuff like this going on at that "diverse" club up 7th ave in no-man's land:
Recent shootings spur debate about Ybor's safety | TBO.com

Old 01-26-2012, 07:55 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,287,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
Nothing wrong with Ybor...There are none of the yuppie douchbags that infest the Hyde Park/Soho area.
Yuppie douchebags usually dont rob you, assault you, shoot you, break into your house, get involved in gunfights, etc.

Food for thought...

Old 01-27-2012, 07:00 AM

420 posts, read 860,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Yuppie douchebags usually dont rob you, assault you, shoot you, break into your house, get involved in gunfights, etc.

Food for thought...
Agreed!

Old 01-27-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Then why dont you live there... be honest
I tried to have a house built there. Had a contract and everything. After I signed the contract the contractor(gerardi construction) added a addendum, which stated he would not be painting the walls, adding phone outlets, light switches, etc. we got a lawyer, spent $5k and got our money back.

I have spent a lot of time in Ybor and have never had any trouble. I'm not saying the surrounding area is the best, it isn't, but contrary to what the media, and people that are afraid of their own shadow would have you believe, you Can go live in Ybor and not get raped, murdered or robbed.

By the way, I have sinced moved to the beach in a nice waterfront home.
I figure, if you are going to live in Fl, you might as well live at the beach.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:

Food for thought...
True, but they will scream at each other at 3AM, throw rocks at your dog, urinate on your house, pull your landscape out and throw trash on your lawn every Friday night they stagger home from Mc Dintons. They also have no manners. Try holding the door for one, see if you get a thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay