Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 05:27 PM

6,441 posts, read 5,231,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPLUMBING View Post
No, but if is feels like it is I will let someone else use it first, then problem solved..
There you go! Nothing wrong with doing the pee pee dance waiting for a warm toilet seat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 05:54 PM

789 posts, read 1,850,773 times
This phenomenon primarily only exists in Tampa. For some reason, many other states in the Union have warm toilet seats. I personally moved to Tampa because I LIKE cold toilet seats; it makes me feel alive!

Old 01-16-2012, 06:02 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,731,320 times
Wow, this thread question is amazingly epic. I cant say I've ever heard or seen a question like that.

But, with that being said, no, my toilet seat has never been cold that I can recall.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:23 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,283,298 times
Cold toilet seats is the least of your worries. It's the alligators which live in your sewer system. When buying a home, you need to make sure it has a double cleanout trap so that alligators, snakes and other things cannot navigate your plumbing and make it into your house through the toilet, sink or shower/tub. Can you imagine getting a bite?

Old 01-16-2012, 07:31 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,729,980 times
You know, you can buy a heated toilet seat.

But the main thing is, florida is *warm*! (And don't worry about alligators, that's just teasing.)

Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,837,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
When buying a home, you need to make sure it has a double cleanout trap so that alligators, snakes and other things cannot navigate your plumbing and make it into your house through the toilet, sink or shower/tub. Can you imagine getting a bite?
I've never had any trouble with alligators, and I've lived in areas with plenty of them.

OTOH, ever since I saw the X-Files episode with Eugene Victor Tooms, I check the toilet before I sit down.

Regarding the temperature of the seat, if it's too cold, you can always run a blow dryer over it for a few seconds.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:43 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,250,550 times
Here:
Toto MS980CMG Neorest 550 Dual Flush Toilet with Heated Seat, Warm Air Dryer and Remote Control Operation

Problem SOLVED!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:46 AM

13 posts, read 28,122 times
thanks to everyone for your replies. i know there are heated seats and other options, but i was hoping just coz it's warm there, no special measures required. i know it seems like a crazy question, but if you're forced to sit on a cold toilet seat many many times a day for months on end (and yes, have a child who sometimes screams coz it's too cold), you think about these things. sounds like we can count on warmer toilet seats--whoo hooo!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:59 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,250,550 times
It is "hot" outside. Your house would most likely be air conditioned and kept pretty cold by comparison with the outdoors, so chances are that your toilet seat won't be "warm" unless it is the kind that warms itself.

I am from Europe; a side that gets in minus Celsius degrees, and frankly, this was never a problem, and I also never had a "warming" toilet seat! We used to heat our home there.

Hell, we live up north now, and that is still not a problem...

Are you having your windows open? or is your bathroom outside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldorcrumple View Post
thanks to everyone for your replies. i know there are heated seats and other options, but i was hoping just coz it's warm there, no special measures required. i know it seems like a crazy question, but if you're forced to sit on a cold toilet seat many many times a day for months on end (and yes, have a child who sometimes screams coz it's too cold), you think about these things. sounds like we can count on warmer toilet seats--whoo hooo!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:28 AM

13 posts, read 28,122 times
no we don't have our windows open. it's january. in england. we actually have indoor plumbing here so no need for outhouses anymore. we even have central heating which we keep on 20 celsius. still have cold toilet seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay