Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times

Advertisements

Busch Gardens and their waterpark were the first season passes we bought when we got here. I think we bought them 2 weeks after arriving. We purchased the 2 year pass, we knew we would use them.

Absolutely love both parks. Since we are passport members we also take visitors to this park and almost all of them have said they like it as much if not more than Universal. Most do not visit Disney due to the cost and those that have are disappointed with most of the park.

We live 20 minutes from Busch Gardens now and it is not uncommon for my wife to take the kids there after school on Monday (early release every Monday) for a few hours of free fun (ok, minus 89 cents for out sodas and 99 cents for popcorn). The kids absolutely love it, as do we.

Say what you will about Florida but it's pretty easy to get spoiled here. My kids have no idea how good they have it. Season passes to Universal, Busch Gardens and Adventure Island (water park). Seaworld Fun Card just expired. Get to go boating, have their own pool and able to play outside all year. Catch a cruise once a year. Cub Scouts here actually do camping trips, have camps and are active. Life ain't bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 08:00 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
damn, I can't rep you - but well stated.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:29 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Busch Gardens and their waterpark were the first season passes we bought when we got here. I think we bought them 2 weeks after arriving. We purchased the 2 year pass, we knew we would use them.

Absolutely love both parks. Since we are passport members we also take visitors to this park and almost all of them have said they like it as much if not more than Universal. Most do not visit Disney due to the cost and those that have are disappointed with most of the park.

We live 20 minutes from Busch Gardens now and it is not uncommon for my wife to take the kids there after school on Monday (early release every Monday) for a few hours of free fun (ok, minus 89 cents for out sodas and 99 cents for popcorn). The kids absolutely love it, as do we.

Say what you will about Florida but it's pretty easy to get spoiled here. My kids have no idea how good they have it. Season passes to Universal, Busch Gardens and Adventure Island (water park). Seaworld Fun Card just expired. Get to go boating, have their own pool and able to play outside all year. Catch a cruise once a year. Cub Scouts here actually do camping trips, have camps and are active. Life ain't bad.
Yes, Life ain't bad here!!!

Old 01-18-2012, 03:35 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,035 times
I remember riding the Python my first time as a kid. I was so nervous because it actually went upside down! It was practically a passage to manhood for me. Well that and my first you know what.

Speaking of coasters the first one I ever went on was the Roaring Tiger at Circus World, remember that old wooden one? I remember just grabbing on to my brother's shirt on that first drop.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:51 PM

224 posts, read 551,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
It used to be much better when it was more than just a bunch of roller coasters...

Loved the festhaus, the monorail thing over the serenghetti, the brewery and brewery tour, the birds and the hospitality house. A lot of stuff that made busch gardens great is gone...
Aw, say it isn't so? I had heard that but haven't been back since moving away for college. Is the aquarium with the dolphins still there. No bird show? What about the snake show? I am going to go look at their website right now.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:22 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,919 times
I went once a long time ago and thought it was overrated. I mean, is it a zoo or is it an amusement park? It seemed like it was trying so hard to be both that it wasn't very good at being either.

I suppose I ought to check it out again some time.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:14 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
I went once a long time ago and thought it was overrated. I mean, is it a zoo or is it an amusement park? It seemed like it was trying so hard to be both that it wasn't very good at being either.

That's funny because that is what I like about it. You really need 2 days to do all the rides and than check out the shows and animal exhibits.

We basically use the park in the following manner.

Guests Visiting - Most are into the rides so we focus on getting on the most rides and making sure they check out the Gators and Cheetahs. (Most of our guests haven't seen these 2 animals in person. They have seen Lions, Tigers, Primates, etc. before.) Take them on the train and the skyview ride.

A Weekend Day at the Park as a family - We have to hit the Scorpion and some of the other rides in Timbuktu. My olderst children are only big enough to go on Cheetah Hunt, too small for the others. So we spend more time in Sesame Street area and enjoy the animals and shows.

After School Day - Only have a few hours so they go on Scorpion and spend a lot of time in the animal and garden exhibits.

I really like that Busch Gardens is not as packed as the other parks. I am also a huge fan of Roller Coasters and Busch Gardens has some excellent ones available.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:13 PM

794 posts, read 1,860,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post

It's more than just a run of the mill zoo....Here are some of my Photo's from that day.....

Old 01-19-2012, 06:47 PM

224 posts, read 551,271 times
I know it blew away Denver's zoo where the animals paced around in little cages, even the giraffes were enclosed. It seemed inhumane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay