Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:25 AM

9 posts, read 35,062 times

Advertisements

Hi There.

I am new to the boards after reading them for several weeks.
My wife and I are thinking about moving to the Tampa area.
We are planning on doing a visit to Tampa in Oct and hope that you can answer some quick questions which will help us when we visit.

1. We plan on visiting in October and wish to check out new homes in the New Tampa/Wesley Chapel/Lutz/Land O Lakes area. We are interested in a 4 bedroom home (Built 2002 or later) for around $350,000.
Is there any specific housing communtities in those areas that somebody can let us know about? Is there also two bedroom apartments in that area that are good as well

2. Does everybody seem to work in Downtown Tampa or are there other specific executive/industrial parks that people work? I heard Sabal Park mentioned one or twice. My wife would be looking for accounting and I would be looking for purchasing.

Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 02:44 PM

133 posts, read 538,326 times
Welcome to the Tampa Post!

In the New Tampa / Wesley Chapel area, I would suggest looking at the Grand Hampton and Seven Oak subdivisions. The Grand Hampton is a gated community with a security guard in Hillsborough County and has a beautiful club house, landscaping and is a newer community. The Seven Oaks area is just a few miles north of the Grand Hampton in Pasco County and also has a wonderful club house, landscaping and newer homes.

There are also some other subdivisions in the Wesley Chapel area that would be a nice place to look at as well. The further you go north will provide you with a lower price per square foot. The only disadvantage of being in Pasco County is traffic if you work in downtown Tampa or somewhere that will require you to drive 75/275.

This is a great time to buy as there are many homes on the market that match your criteria. You shouldn't have any trouble finding somewhere nice to live in that price range.

Good Luck!

Mike and Tina Roberts

Old 09-05-2007, 05:55 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,069 times
Why do that when you can buy a new 4/4/3 home for that price. I paid less that that for a new Morrison home on an acre of ground for less in Riverview, and it comes with less traffic. I moved from the WC area. It's getting worse. We came from south-eastern PA, Chester county.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
Why do that when you can buy a new 4/4/3 home for that price. I paid less that that for a new Morrison home on an acre of ground for less in Riverview, and it comes with less traffic. I moved from the WC area. It's getting worse. We came from south-eastern PA, Chester county.
Hi Bnepler. Thanks for the comments. Why did you move from the wesley chapel area? Was it because of the traffic? Is traffic really that bad in the Wesley Chapel, Fl area? Also, does everyone work in Tampa or are there other areas people work in such as Executive Parks. I heard mentioned Sabal Park. Do many people commute there?

Old 09-06-2007, 05:08 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschn3671 View Post
Hi There.

2. Does everybody seem to work in Downtown Tampa or are there other specific executive/industrial parks that people work? I heard Sabal Park mentioned one or twice. My wife would be looking for accounting and I would be looking for purchasing.

Thanks for your help
There are many areas people work in Tampa---Westshore Business District is the largest district in Flroida, and 5th largest in the nation, SAble Park, the I-75 corridor from Neww Tampa to Brandon

Old 09-06-2007, 07:26 PM

436 posts, read 1,357,595 times
I also am relocating from Philadelphia and chose Odessa, right off route 54. It is west of Wesley Chapel and I think not as congested but just as close to everything. I am pretty satisfied with my choice so far.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:40 PM

133 posts, read 538,326 times
Yes, the Odessa area is great as well because it is close to the Veterans Expressway and you can be downtown quickly. Odessa also has some new home communities and businesses/restaurants which makes this area very desirable.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:51 PM

436 posts, read 1,357,595 times
Thanks Team Roberts. I have also been very satisfied with Longleaf Elementary School. It is a A school and my daughter loves it there.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Roberts View Post
Yes, the Odessa area is great as well because it is close to the Veterans Expressway and you can be downtown quickly. Odessa also has some new home communities and businesses/restaurants which makes this area very desirable.
How does Odessa compare to the New Tampa/Wesley Chapel area in terms of new housing, CCD's/Hoa's, schools, getting insurance, things to do, traffic, access to downtown etc?

I know that New Tampa/Wesley Chapel is the new area with alot of housing being built. Is Odessa a more established area or an up and coming area such as New Tampa/Wesley Chapel area?

I heard that Western Pasco county has a harder time getting home insurance due to sinkholes. Does this problem occur in the Odessa area?

Old 09-06-2007, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,842 times
Exclamation Moving to Tampa

The Tampa Bay area has plenty of inventory of the home you are looking for. I am a mortgage broker and now is a great time to buy. The areas you mentioned are growing and have a lot to offer. Westchase, Trinity, and Ballantree. The employment situation is very good for what you are looking for. A lot of major corporations are located here in the Tampa Bay area. Feel free to respond and I will try to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschn3671 View Post
Hi There.

I am new to the boards after reading them for several weeks.
My wife and I are thinking about moving to the Tampa area.
We are planning on doing a visit to Tampa in Oct and hope that you can answer some quick questions which will help us when we visit.

1. We plan on visiting in October and wish to check out new homes in the New Tampa/Wesley Chapel/Lutz/Land O Lakes area. We are interested in a 4 bedroom home (Built 2002 or later) for around $350,000.
Is there any specific housing communtities in those areas that somebody can let us know about? Is there also two bedroom apartments in that area that are good as well

Thanks for your help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay