Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 09:18 AM

95 posts, read 290,215 times

Advertisements

Hello my wife and I are looking at Dunedin & Palm Harbor, been there for Vacas and feel comfortable in area. Will start with one month rental and then proceed to 3 month. Sorry to bother you with all this but we're trying to plan. We don't smoke and have no pets. WE thought a 55 plus community but we get alond well with young people, just want a quiet place Would like 2 bed 2 bath ( Yea we both snore so hence the 2 bed. Any ideas on montly cost would be helpful and also if any realtors deal with these type of rentals. You can always direct message me, thanks for reading Kevin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 04:11 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,216,899 times
Well.. you are going to have a hard time finding a month or even 3 months rental unless it is a vacation place. We do have some members that live in Dunedin so maybe they can offer a suggestion on where to live. Check out the link for places to rent

http://www.padmapper.com/

Old 02-19-2012, 07:23 AM

Ty Keeper yes it would be a vacation rental. I have looked on CL, VRBO and have had a few good responses. For us since we love and know the area we feel it is still a good idea to ease into retirement. Hence the 1-2 month rental to start. I'm sure it will all workout and eventually buy a small place thanks

Old 02-19-2012, 04:05 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,742,204 times
Yes, with that length of time you're not going to find much in the residential communities, but in the vacation rentals, like out near the beaches. Which will be quite a bit different. I live in a 55+ community in Dunedin (and don't find the mix of ages that bad, especially since Dunedin itself is so mixed in ages.) We can't rent for less than 4 months, for example.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:46 AM

Thanks Wwanderer, you're right this is what we've been finding. I think also that local realtors (which I understand) do not have vacation rentals. It's different here in Northeast, one of your options if you want to rent in Cape Cod is through local real estate agents. I definitely want to try the 1-2 month see how it feels. My wife tells me I won't know what to do with myself I tell her Nothing sounds good to me Do you think Dunedin-Palm Harbor area has enought activities for us aging boomers ? I do think I would like to work eventually 20 hours a week maybe at the Publix in Dunedin ) thanks

Old 02-22-2012, 08:47 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,742,204 times
Well, we've now been in Dunedin for almost 4 months, and I find there is lots to do. We bike, we hang out in the bars and restaurants, go to the local parks and natural areas to walk, go to the beach occasionally. There are the local shops for browsing. In our complex there's the pool, gym, and a hot tub.

We're about a 5 minute drive from one of the Publix in Dunedin (on 580); it's also about a 10 minute bike ride away.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:16 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,102,355 times
Is 4 months really hard to come to terms with over a month or two? It will fly by and you'll get a better feel of the area rather than a month.

We have been here almost a year and it has flown by.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 AM

Wwanderer thank you, your post helped my wife So MUCH and me too I guess. Ok I think I've mentioned we've been going to Dunedin for 10 day vacations for 5 years and love the area. But the wife worries ok being down here 3 or 4-6 months will she be isolated ? She is very sociable, ok I love her but this is my wife, she goes out the door for a 15 minute walk and comes back an hour later ..lol..she loves talking to folks...me I'm off on the bike and a Reward Beer in a pub and talking for a bit is enough for me. But thanks to your post she feels better.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 AM

Thanks SeaSpur, I think you're right. First of all 1-2 month rentals Yep indeed hard to come by and probably more expensive. And since we've been thinking and talking about the options...your post was very encouraging...we could do 4 months...and you're right you need that amount of time at a minimum to get a feel for a place...thanks so much

Old 03-07-2012, 08:19 PM

146 posts, read 306,591 times
I live 6 mils form the beach close to Dunedin in a 55+ community. I have a 3 bed 2 bath new 2007 home ( high ceilings, non smoker, that I am looking to rent out while I work on selling it.I plan to move west to be closer to family. I would prefer a 6 month lease however and non smokers. We all all amenites, pool, jacuzzi, clubhouse . Golf abougt 1/2 mile away. Mall , 2 grocery store and drug stores. Good acces oint doe either beaches ot Tampa -airpory . Let me know if you would like more details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay