Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:28 PM

7 posts, read 10,140 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the Tampa bay area by the end of this year, its just me, almost 40 , i work from home so driving to work is not an issue..

What i really want to know is where are the good "on the ocean" community's? I was looking at gulf harbors , the house prices are right (mid 200's) a golf course looks cool, and the nearby islands look great , but the crime rate in new port richey worries me a bit. Does anyone have any thoughts on a great boating community, in a fairly nice area , and in the mid 200 range? im pretty familiar with Tampa as ive been going down since i was a kid, i just really have no experience with the boating communitys.

One last thing , its important for me to be somewhere with a good social vibe, i like hanging out in the yard chatting with my neighbors, getting together for impromptu parties on the weekend, and feeling a part of something.. any positive advice would be appreciated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 09:07 AM

369 posts, read 840,185 times
Look in to Bay Crest Park off of memorial hwy. Lots of homes on the water, great community. They have a boat parade, community garage sales, etc. Love the area, fun bars around too.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:37 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,729,311 times
Palm Harbor

Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 AM

30,150 posts, read 20,868,388 times
Danashores is the best of the bunch.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:59 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,272,174 times
New Port Richey is "on the edge" of what can be considered Tampa Bay. When you are over an hour from downtown Tampa and downtown St Pete, you are pretty far out there.

The above responses are pretty good. I would also add the Tanglewood/Riviera Bay/Shore Acres area of Northeast St Petersburg as well. It provides super easy access to Tampa Bay, a large amount of inventory and inexpensive prices. A recent sale on Tampa Bay open water (i.e. you look straight out into the Bay as opposed to someone's living room 50 feet away) on my street just went off in the $200s.

You should know, however, that all of the communities listed so far do not provide easy access to the Gulf. If you want to do Gulf boating you need to look at communities further south along Gulf Blvd, and I am not familiar at all with current pricing of properties along the Intercoastal.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:54 AM

Thanks guys, ill look into the suggested area's, some of them im familiar with, my grandma lived in crystal beach since i was a kid, so since that is where im familiar that is where i started really looking into propertys... my main goals though is community and salt water access, doesnt have to be the gulf I suppose..

Old 03-04-2012, 01:30 PM

623 posts, read 1,296,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post
New Port Richey is "on the edge" of what can be considered Tampa Bay. When you are over an hour from downtown Tampa and downtown St Pete, you are pretty far out there.

The above responses are pretty good. I would also add the Tanglewood/Riviera Bay/Shore Acres area of Northeast St Petersburg as well. It provides super easy access to Tampa Bay, a large amount of inventory and inexpensive prices. A recent sale on Tampa Bay open water (i.e. you look straight out into the Bay as opposed to someone's living room 50 feet away) on my street just went off in the $200s.

You should know, however, that all of the communities listed so far do not provide easy access to the Gulf. If you want to do Gulf boating you need to look at communities further south along Gulf Blvd, and I am not familiar at all with current pricing of properties along the Intercoastal.
! exactly what I wanted my BIL to get. do you know which area or street this was Chi? BIL looking for open water - tampa bay view around 250k budget,

Old 03-04-2012, 05:50 PM

789 posts, read 1,849,803 times
I'm quite partial to Oldsmar and Safety Harbor myself.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:05 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,272,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKIRAV View Post
! exactly what I wanted my BIL to get. do you know which area or street this was Chi? BIL looking for open water - tampa bay view around 250k budget,
Try looking for foreclosures and short sales in the 33702 and 33703 area codes.

If you want a more "eclectic" neighborhood (I'm not really sure what other politically-correct adjectives to use here), Coquina Key is definitely in that price range.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:25 PM

Coquina Key looks pretty close to all the places i would like to go, clearwater, st pete, ft desote state park, how is the neighborhood, and local bar scene? Oh and thanks again chi . your posts have been very helpful..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay