Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 07:07 PM

4 posts, read 11,352 times

Advertisements

Would you describe Land O Lakes as racially diverse? Is it a good place to raise a family? The home prices there are phenomenal. Seems too good to be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 04:34 AM

23 posts, read 71,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonny View Post
Would you describe Land O Lakes as racially diverse? Is it a good place to raise a family? The home prices there are phenomenal. Seems too good to be true.
We LOVE living in Land O' Lakes. You are away from the busy city life that Downtown and South Tampa (used to live there) bring and just close enough to where if you need to be down there (like I do for work) your drive isn't too bad. We find the area to be very diverse and most importantly, it seems every person out here is friendly! You can get far more house for your dollar in LoL than you can in South Tampa...that's for sure. In addition we pay less in taxes and less for insurance

Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
Land O Lakes is anything but racially diverse. That said, it's a nice place to live, albeit quiet with not much to do.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:54 AM

82 posts, read 207,374 times
Quote:
Land O Lakes is anything but racially diverse.
Can you expand on that? I will be relocating in a few months and I noticed the same thing that Hem has mentioned, lot of house for the money... Are there any "communities" in LOL and parks?

Old 03-03-2012, 12:31 PM

817 posts, read 2,251,026 times
This might be a relative question.

If you're moving from Iowa, you'll find it racially diverse.

If you've been living in Miami, then it's not racially diverse at all.

Compared to most of Florida, I'd say it's not all that racially diverse.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:25 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,927 times
from my experience, its mostly white.

It is a nice area though, Ill probably look that direction when we go to buy next year (hopefully)

Old 03-03-2012, 02:29 PM

929 posts, read 2,723,802 times
Land O Lakes; Other than Lake Padget 30 years ago it was all farm land and rich folk's lake houses.
Mostly middle class or upper middle class, not diverse IMO. I do think it is the best place in the general area to live for other reasons.
I think the house prices reflect the job and housing market problem. Since the middle class was hit the worst, more of them lost their jobs and homes.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:30 PM

929 posts, read 2,723,802 times
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin from Tampa View Post
This might be a relative question.

If you're moving from Iowa, you'll find it racially diverse.

If you've been living in Miami, then it's not racially diverse at all.

Compared to most of Florida, I'd say it's not all that racially diverse.
This sums it up perfectly

Old 03-03-2012, 06:59 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tights24 View Post
Can you expand on that? I will be relocating in a few months and I noticed the same thing that Hem has mentioned, lot of house for the money... Are there any "communities" in LOL and parks?
Its mostly white people is what I meant. It's safe too.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:53 AM

173 posts, read 391,398 times
I've got friends who've lived there..

There's not a great deal of racial diversity... but there's also not a great deal of racial discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay