Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 07:40 AM

9 posts, read 29,693 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at the St.Pete area for relocation. I would like to know if anyone can leave some feedback good/bad about the area. I am in the process of looking around and find St. Pete area to be an area of great interest with all it has to offer but not knowing anything else about the area. My family and I would be looking to rent first (3BR,1+BTH). We are planning a trip in the spring of 08 to the area so all info can be used on our trip. Would anyone who get's the local paper be willing to send me a copy of your local paper as I can reimburse if you would like, I would prefer your sunday paper with classifieds. I do read the online version but i am interested in copy or two.

PLMK if anyone can assist us on this area.

thanks for your time and replies.

dc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 08:10 AM

133 posts, read 536,610 times
I would be glad to send you a Sunday paper. Just PM me your name and address and I will get one in the mail to you.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:06 AM

Team_Roberts
Thanks for your reply and can I repay you for the paper??

Do you have any comments on the area GOOD/BAD?

Do you have a link or info I can get on your state taxes as well as utilities information??

PLMK

dc

Old 09-10-2007, 01:36 PM

133 posts, read 536,610 times
No repay, I am glad to do it!

Old 09-11-2007, 09:45 AM

112 posts, read 490,209 times
Default Good

St.pete is a nice city. So much to do. beach, parks, activities downtown, lots of different sports leagues to get into if you are athletic. great restaurants. Lots of little leagues for the kids all year long.

easy to get to the interstate within 5-15 mins from anywhere in St.pete, runs right through the middle of the city. So driving is pretty easy to where ever you need to go.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:39 AM

Bezzled

Thanks for your reply.

What is rent like in St.Petersburg as we are going to be looking to rent at first, and how far is it to the Buccaneers stadium from St.Pete? I see you have the Devil Rays as well which is sweet. What are the best neighborhoods to live in and best high schools.

plmk

dc

Old 09-11-2007, 11:46 AM

112 posts, read 490,209 times
Ray J (bucs stadium) is about 20 mins or so.

Yes the Rays play in downtown St.Pete which is 5 mins from my condo

3 br rental is probably going to cost around 1200+ for a nice home or apartment. Would be my guess.

Any of the northern parts of St.pete are nice. Even some Soutside areas are nice.

All depends what you are looking for.

Best HS... I really don't know, I guess any of them are the same , But I would stay away from Gibbs High IMO.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:50 AM

14 posts, read 60,003 times
St. Pete is awesome. I moved here in 2003 and loved it but wanted to buy instead of rent in 2006 and had to go north to Holiday in order to not live in a dump.

The market was high when I bought 1 1/2 years ago but is now much better for buyers.

Safety Harbor is cool, Clearwater is ok but not near as much character as St. Pete. Dunedin is good, Largo not so much but has good areas. Pinellas Park is like St. Pete and close to it but has good and slummy parts.

Bradenton....definate NO.

Stay away from South Central Saint Pete or anywhere south or east of downtown. stay away from anything by lake maggiore & coquina key...don't be fooled by the geographical location....ocean front. The only real nice neighborhood around downtown is the old northeast area but is quite expensive with older homes. basically anything north of 22 ave N is good and Pasadena is good and close to beaches.

Seminole is one of my favorite areas and has better schools. Close to beach and everything else... like St. Pete except they have no downtown like St. Pete which is really cool.

All the above is better than Tampa.

I had no crime problems while there but I stayed away from places mentioned above for the most part. I lived on 34 ave N & east of 66st which is really nice and great location, quiet neighborhood....10 minutes to anything you could imagine....beach, baseball, downtown, restaurants, mall, etc. I will be back some day. I paid 900/month for 2/2/2 -250k house. Buy soon while market is low....unless you have a lot of money you may have problems. I am an architect but still can't afford St. Pete unless I want to live in slums.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:11 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,567,188 times
Ray J (bucs stadium) is about 20 mins or so.

[snicker] Not on game day. Figure an hour or more then. Unless you know the back routes (avoiding the Howard Franklin Bridge).

Main taxes we have in Florida are property taxes & sales tax (average is 7%).

Old 09-12-2007, 08:50 PM

381 posts, read 1,680,837 times
I agree with everything said so far, except about staying away from anything south or east of downtown. There are many very nice neighborhoods on the south side, Lakewood Estates for example. Old Southeast is also extremely nice. I have lived in Northeast (which is east of downtown, and hardly low-class) all my life, and visit those areas pretty often. You just have to get to know the area, and then you'll be able to dodge any questionable spots pretty easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay