Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 10:22 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
CHASLS2 you seem to be down on SpringHill and definitely Pasco county.Obviously you must live in a very nice place without all the supposed problems of SpringHill etc, for a heads up to Florida bound transplants looking for a nice safe crime free area where is it you live?
I'm not sure where CHASLS2 lives, but for people with children still living at home in search of a fairly well educated, relatively safe area in the Tampa Bay region, I would recommend Safety Harbor. It certainly isn't free from crime, but it's nothing at all like Spring Hill. If you can get a place near downtown, you can walk to restaurants and shops and get to experience all the neat festivals that happen on the weekends. We have friends and family who live there and have spent a great deal of time hanging out there with our kids. We love it. It is a bit pricey, especially compared to Spring Hill, but sometimes you have to be willing to pay more in order to be in a better area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 10:40 AM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Dana Shores is a beautiful area. I used to live in Pelican Island, just a minute or two from there. In fact, my sisters and I used to ride our bikes right alongside the sidewalk of Dana Shores to get to the ball park down the street!
What a small world.

If any of you are familiar with the areas we come from, you would understand why we feel out of place in Spring Hill. I was pretty spoiled growing up, so I am looking at things through a different lens than many of you.
Nothing is like Danashores. Danashores is tucked out of the way and many people don't know anything about it. You have the bay to the south, all of that airport land to the east, gulfcourse to the north and more water to the west. We are far enough away from rough TNC to have no trouble. 41 years of no crimes. When i moved to west Pasco is was like going into a war zone with all the crimes and drugs.

What years did you live in Pelican Island? I remember when they first started building there in 1978.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Nothing is like Danashores. Danashores is tucked out of the way and many people don't know anything about it. You have the bay to the south, all of that airport land to the east, gulfcourse to the north and more water to the west. We are far enough away from rough TNC to have no trouble. 41 years of no crimes. When i moved to west Pasco is was like going into a war zone with all the crimes and drugs.

What years did you live in Pelican Island? I remember when they first started building there in 1978.
We moved there in the early 80's. 7113 Pelican Island Drive. We had a big gray house on the water. My uncle still lives in the big pink house on the same street. My maiden name was Spoto. We're a pretty old family … my grandparents used to live in Ybor back when it was new.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:11 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,122,063 times
Please explain how the drugs and crimes affected you directly. The big question is how did (or do) you know particular house(s) sell drugs. I would also like to know if you ever reported any of your drug related findings to the Sheriff's office.

Quote:

Old 03-24-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Please explain how the drugs and crimes affected you directly. The big question is how did (or do) you know particular house(s) sell drugs. I would also like to know if you ever reported any of your drug related findings to the Sheriff's office.
It effects everyone that lives in the area, broken into homes, brings down home prices, the homes and yards look like dumps, i could go on and on. When i see trashy people coming and going all times of the day and nite, stopping off for 2 mins and leaving that pretty much tells you whats going on. I had 4 drug dealers in a row kicked out of one house alone.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
We moved there in the early 80's. 7113 Pelican Island Drive. We had a big gray house on the water. My uncle still lives in the big pink house on the same street. My maiden name was Spoto. We're a pretty old family … my grandparents used to live in Ybor back when it was new.
Bet i went by your house many times with my boat back in the realy 80's.

Back in the 60's and 70's i used to fish way before there were any homes built back in Pelican Island.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:39 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,122,063 times
How about answering the question. I asked if you took any steps to inform law enforcement of your findings and observations?

Quote:
It effects everyone that lives in the area, broken into homes, brings down home prices, the homes and yards look like dumps, i could go on and on. When i see trashy people coming and going all times of the day and nite, stopping off for 2 mins and leaving that pretty much tells you whats going on. I had 4 drug dealers in a row kicked out of one house alone.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
How about answering the question. I asked if you took any steps to inform law enforcement of your findings and observations?
Sure did. 24/7 cam vids, tag numbers to cars. Sued more than one landlord.

That one drug house has been empty for over a year now, guess the owner got tired of midnite movers and a trashed house time after time.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:23 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:

I was born and lived in Danashores for 41 years
I bought my old house back in Danashores.
Cool area,i've drifted around the area on several fishing trips, certainly does look like a nice area and its really close to the beach on the causeway,very scenic walking and biking paths and excellent fishing area, i can certainly see why you moved back..

Old 03-25-2012, 03:50 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,585,970 times
Quote:
Sure did. 24/7 cam vids, tag numbers to cars. Sued more than one landlord.

That one drug house has been empty for over a year now, guess the owner got tired of midnite movers and a trashed house time after time.
Good for you, people have to not be afraid to get involved, something similar on our block and I'm talking maybe 10 yrs ago, called sheriffs office and I got involved, the dude got caught and his rear end sat in prison for three years. Did it straighten him out? Yes it did, he walks a straight line today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay