Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 05:49 PM

2 posts, read 4,462 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving next summer to Tampa and we need some suggestions on where to start looking. I am 26 and he is 28. We have 2 dogs but no kids yet. We both are working professionals but we also like to party on the weekend. We want to live around more couples our age but also be close to the night life. We would also like to have a little bit of land for the dogs. We don't mind living farther from downtown but as long as we are not the youngest by 20 yrs like we are now in Colorado. We are big sports fans so any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 08:09 PM

133 posts, read 536,897 times
Most of the party night live is downtown, however that are some scattered comedy clubs, bars, etc... outside of downtown.

As far as having a yard for the dogs, you may need to consider a older home as they were general built on larger lots. However, depending on how much yard you need will help determine the area. How much of a yard are you looking for?

I have a friend that just moved from Longmount CO. Which part of CO are you from?

Welcome to the Tampa forum!

Mike and Tina

Old 09-10-2007, 09:11 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,357,690 times
I live in the neighborhood called Bayside West in South Tampa(off WEstshore Blvd north of Gandy Blvd). Most of the lots are larger than usual, older homes(built in 40's/50's). I Have two dogs, nice big fenced in yeard, 3 miles form downtown, and 2 blocks from the Bay. Best to look around South Tampa for your age group, proximity to Nightlife, Sporting Events, Shopping, etc.

You dont mention a $$$ amount that fits your budget, but homes in my neighborhood range from around 225k for a 1400 sq ft 3/1 no garage, to around 500k for a 2200 sq ft 4/2, garage, nice lot, and fenced in pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay