U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 01:49 PM

257 posts, read 435,068 times

Advertisements

Hi.

What area would you say is the most densely populated area in Tampa/St. Pete area?

Hyde park? Channelside? What area have the most transplants from another big city?

I am looking for the most populated area. I guess anywhere near costco, Ikea, walmart?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 05:41 PM

173 posts, read 352,024 times
Default Have you tried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy1225 View Post
Hi.

What area would you say is the most densely populated area in Tampa/St. Pete area?

Hyde park? Channelside? What area have the most transplants from another big city?

I am looking for the most populated area. I guess anywhere near costco, Ikea, walmart?
Have you tried entering a zip code into google.com? That's how I found out that Pinellas Co. had/has 3247 people per square mile. St. Pete is 4098/people/square mile. Now Miami... they know how to squeeze people into a small space... 11,135.9 per square mile.

www.city-data.com (this website..) has interesting stats by zip code, city, and county. That might help with your search. You won't know your neighbors.. but you'll know their statistics.

I enjoy looking around that site... interesting stats..

Old 03-13-2012, 05:51 PM

1,389 posts, read 2,068,367 times
//www.city-data.com/zipmaps/Tampa-Florida.html

Old 03-14-2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
wow... thank you... now I'll be clicking on this tonight...

Old 03-14-2012, 07:01 AM

4,554 posts, read 6,906,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairegoad View Post
Have you tried entering a zip code into google.com? That's how I found out that Pinellas Co. had/has 3247 people per square mile. St. Pete is 4098/people/square mile. Now Miami... they know how to squeeze people into a small space... 11,135.9 per square mile.

www.city-data.com (this website..) has interesting stats by zip code, city, and county. That might help with your search. You won't know your neighbors.. but you'll know their statistics.

I enjoy looking around that site... interesting stats..
Excellent data you can find here!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:45 AM

Thank you. Yeah, I can look at data all day but I was shooting for personal opinions from individuals. Chicago Cabrini Green and Robert Tayor homes area happens to be one of most densely populated area. It also happens to be projects. Numbers on computer monitor won't tell me this though no matter how closely I place my ears near the monitor.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Excellent data you can find here!
Is there a "map" that I can find which would show me where the Hyde park is, where the Westchase is, where soho is, etc..?

neighborhood map?

Old 03-15-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Thank you. Yeah, I can look at data all day but I was shooting for personal opinions from individuals. Chicago Cabrini Green and Robert Tayor homes area happens to be one of most densely populated area. It also happens to be projects. Numbers on computer monitor won't tell me this though no matter how closely I place my ears near the monitor.
So now I'm confused... you want to know which areas FEEL the most densely populated? Are you looking for a second data point.... income or education or...??

I lived in Palm Harbor.. which didn't feel bad at all.. but was over 3000 per square mile. I was also in an 300+ unit apartment complex. I'd guess there were over 600 people living there. It didn't seem crowded.

Before I moved here, I compared the stats for where I lived with where I was moving. I expected more cars, more traffic, more people in line at the grocery store.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:54 AM

Here's a listing of Tampa neighborhoods..
Find a Neighborhood

Here's a wider area...Tampa Neighborhoods - Tampa Communities - Tampa Areas - Tampa FL Suburbs - Tampa Subdivisions

----Does this answer your question? or create new questions?

Many of the Realtors have listings of neighborhoods.. but they tend to be rather biased.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:54 AM

1,389 posts, read 2,068,367 times
Quote:
that doesn't make sense. you asked for data on population density. that to me says "raw data" not "opinions." next time clarify that you're looking for an opinion on population density (which in and of itself makes no sense), or just cut to the chase and say "i'm looking for busy areas that aren't full of minorities."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or