U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:28 AM

476 posts, read 822,089 times

Advertisements

Good morning! We are making our annual pilgrimage to the Tampa Bay Blues Fest. Staying at the Marriot, 3rd Ave/4th St N. We usually leave the car parked and walk/trolley everywhere. We usually hit the Lucky Dill at least twice, among other places, but would like to explore a bit more. Any suggestions? Thanks! BTW, DH is extremely partial to great bakeries.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,047,914 times
Here are a handful in three categories that I am a fan of:

High end date night -
Cassis (French, 170 Beach)
Gratzzi (Italian, 211 2nd St S)
Cafe Alma (Spanish, 260 1st Ave S)
Parkshore Grill (Steakhouse, 300 Beach Dr)
Z Grille (eclectic American, 104 2nd St S)

Fun, moderately priced -
Acropolis (Greek, 515 Central)
BellaBrava (Italian, 204 Beach)
Ceviche (Spanish, 10 Beach)
Central Avenue Oyster Bar (seafood, 249 Central)
The Hangar (airport views, 540 1st St SE)
St Pete Brasserie/539 Lounge (French, 539 Central)

Cheap eats -
Ale and the Witch/Wine Madonna (beer, wine and bar snacks, Plaza Tower Courtyard)
Midtown Sundries (sports bar, 200 1st Ave S)
Moon Under Water (British, 200 1st Ave S)
Pipo's Cafe (Cuban, 437 Central)
The Avenue (late-night bar food, 330 1st Ave S)

Old 04-10-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post
Here are a handful in three categories that I am a fan of:

High end date night -
Cassis (French, 170 Beach)
Gratzzi (Italian, 211 2nd St S)
Cafe Alma (Spanish, 260 1st Ave S)
Parkshore Grill (Steakhouse, 300 Beach Dr)
Z Grille (eclectic American, 104 2nd St S)

Fun, moderately priced -
Acropolis (Greek, 515 Central)
BellaBrava (Italian, 204 Beach)
Ceviche (Spanish, 10 Beach)
Central Avenue Oyster Bar (seafood, 249 Central)
The Hangar (airport views, 540 1st St SE)
St Pete Brasserie/539 Lounge (French, 539 Central)

Cheap eats -
Ale and the Witch/Wine Madonna (beer, wine and bar snacks, Plaza Tower Courtyard)
Midtown Sundries (sports bar, 200 1st Ave S)
Moon Under Water (British, 200 1st Ave S)
Pipo's Cafe (Cuban, 437 Central)
The Avenue (late-night bar food, 330 1st Ave S)

Thanks, Chi_tino. I do appreciate the list and will be taking it with us. Especially the description and location. Always looking for something new.

I recently spent a very pleasant afternoon at the Dali, followed by a leisurely sandwich and drinks at the Hangar, sitting outside watching the action below.

Last edited by Dax13; 04-10-2012 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: idiot spelling

Old 04-10-2012, 04:33 PM

4,554 posts, read 6,901,467 times
Dax> Don't know if you aware The Lucky Dill has moved, Now they are in 19, in Palm Harbor.
That is a good list Chi has provided!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Dax> Don't know if you aware The Lucky Dill has moved, Now they are in 19, in Palm Harbor.
Thanks for the heads-up, Annie. I did not know that. On 19 ?!?!? I avoid 19 like the plague. Last time THAT was doable was the early/mid 70's.

Funny, last year we wanted to stop at Moon Under Water ( was hoping for Bubble and Squeak ), but it was packed so we "settled" for Gatsby's. That wasn't bad either.

I am intrigued by Sab Cafe, 111 2nd Ave NE. May have to try that, as well. And yes, Chi done did good

Old 04-10-2012, 09:15 PM

35,319 posts, read 44,566,524 times
If you like seafood the 4th st Shrimp Store will not disappoint

4th Street Shrimp Store ? 1006 4th Street North ? St Petersburg FLORIDA ? Delicious Seafood!

Old 04-11-2012, 06:30 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,047,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Incorrect -- that is a completely different business.

Lucky Dill at Central and 3rd St is open (at least it was this past weekend when I walked by and it was packed).

Here are the two different websites and menus:
http://www.luckydillofstpete.com/
http://luckydilldeli.com/

Gatsby's is closed for the rest of the year while the Grayl Hotel undergoes significant renovations.

A pan: while it's fun to hang out with the beautiful people (and it is quite a good looking crowd) for drinks, don't be tempted by Tryst on Beach Dr for eats. The prices seem high until you get your food -- then they become downright outrageous. For example, a $10 "bowl" of soup contains about 5 spoonfuls. The other $10-15 "appetizers" are a couple bites each.

Last edited by chi_tino; 04-11-2012 at 06:38 AM..

Old 04-11-2012, 06:44 AM

15,825 posts, read 33,142,562 times
For great quality food at what I consider a fairly reasonable price (especially lunch) you can't beat the Parkshore Grille on Beach. Plus the location and ambiance are wonderful. It's one of my favorite places in St. Pete. Another neat little place we like right on the water is Fresco's. We eat there after the Grand Prix race.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If you like seafood the 4th st Shrimp Store will not disappoint

4th Street Shrimp Store ? 1006 4th Street North ? St Petersburg FLORIDA ? Delicious Seafood!
Thanks, Jambo. Looks like a fun place. Seafood is always on the menu at Casa DAX And to think God actually made some people allergic to seafood. Mighty sadistic, iffin you ask me. I think this year, it's going to be a coupla pounds of ye ole "peel and eat" from Publix, extra zesty cocktail sauce, a couple of ice teas, and a park bench to watch the free show as it passes by...Note to self: DO NOT FORGET HAND SANITIZER. We do not wish to offend.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post
Incorrect -- that is a completely different business.

Lucky Dill at Central and 3rd St is open (at least it was this past weekend when I walked by and it was packed).

Here are the two different websites and menus:
Lucky Dill, Dining, Catering, New York Style | 277 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, FL 33701 | 727.895.5859
The Lucky Dill Deli - Palm Harbor, FL

Gatsby's is closed for the rest of the year while the Grayl Hotel undergoes significant renovations.

A pan: while it's fun to hang out with the beautiful people (and it is quite a good looking crowd) for drinks, don't be tempted by Tryst on Beach Dr for eats. The prices seem high until you get your food -- then they become downright outrageous. For example, a $10 "bowl" of soup contains about 5 spoonfuls. The other $10-15 "appetizers" are a couple bites each.
You know, it's funny. I found an old menu from there and called the number. They were closed, but I did get their answering machine that referred me to their website. Upshot is, yes, they are still there, but I wanted to make sure before I said anything. No harm, no foul.

Oh man, now Gatsby's? Jeez...they made a great antipasto wrap. However, I can see the Grayl needing some reno.

Appreciate the tip about Tryst. I usta be a beautiful person, ain't so much any more, and never was a rubbernecker. Makes no nevermind to me either way, but 5 spoonful soup bowls and appetizers at 5 dolla a bite.....now that's UGLY!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or