Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 12:55 PM

37 posts, read 56,108 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are planning to relocate to Tampa later this year and plan to enroll at USF. I will be taking night classes in a grad program and she will be taking day classes. We were also considering Orlando and UCF but decided on Tampa instead.

We are considering renting a home in the Carrollwood area, specifically on Indian Oaks Drive. We have only been to Tampa once and are not familiar with that area. Any advice on that area generally, and whether the commute to USF from there would be bad?

Because I am in the Air Force Reserves, we are also looking in South Tampa close to MacDill, but that seems too expensive for what we want to rent (a house, not an apt).

We also found a place (townhome) in the Countryway area that is described as "Westchase", but doesn't appear to be in Westchase according to Mapquest. It is near the intersection of Waters and Countryway Blvd.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,215,513 times
I was not familiar with either Indian Oaks Drive or Countryway so I pulled them up on GoogleMaps. I agree I would not consider Countryway to be Westchase. I also wouldn't consider Indian Oaks Drive to be Carrollwood, although there is some variety on where those boundaries lie. As you have probably gathered both Westchase and Carrollwood are considered desirable areas so landlords are incentivized to characterize their rentals as located in those ares.

As far as your commute to USF, if will depend on what time of day you are going and what you find tolerable. I would estimate about 25 minutes but again that will vary quite a lot depending on what time of day you'll be going. Either would be better that commuting from the MacDill area.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:08 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,517 times
Indian oaks drive itself is decent but up henderson there is kind of crappy. Overall the area isnt bad, its only a few miles from where I live actually and were looking into the new neighborehood there building across the street there possibly.

South tampa is a lot more expensive, that house down there would probably be a half million+ depending where its at exactly.

Countryway isnt bad either, waters and countryway is westchase. People tend to think just up and down linebaugh is westchase but it extends out from racetrack all the way to hillsborough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: