Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 02:07 PM

38 posts, read 66,012 times

Advertisements

Looking for decent hours and not a lot of $. Any feedback on where you go or have been is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 06:48 AM

420 posts, read 864,204 times
I like Lifestyles in Hyde Park but it can be expensive. It depends on where you live. If you live closer to Kennedy, Anytime Fitness on Kennedy seems decent and is well-priced.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:08 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,460 times
I like Anytime Fitness because they're open 24/7. There are also a lot of locations - I've used the two in St. Pete and the one on Kennedy. I pay just over $30 per month, no contract.

If you want to go cheap, there's a U Fit in S. Tampa. I've never been, but I hear good things.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,188 times
Is the Lifestyles in Hyde Park Village now an LA Fitness? Whats the membership cost there? What about the new LA Fitness on Dale Mabry? I heard since its a "signature club", whatever that really means, that its a different membership from the other LA Fitness clubs.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:02 PM

The Lifestyles in HPV is part of LA Fitness now. I think starting memberships are around $50 per month. It's a signature club, as is the one on Dale Mabry, so you'll be able to go to either one. It just means that it's more expensive than the others. The one on Dale Mabry is new and has other amenities, but I still go to the one HPV/

Old 12-09-2012, 04:06 PM

7 posts, read 22,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
Is the Lifestyles in Hyde Park Village now an LA Fitness? Whats the membership cost there? What about the new LA Fitness on Dale Mabry? I heard since its a "signature club", whatever that really means, that its a different membership from the other LA Fitness clubs.
All a signature club means is that you get to pay more for the privilege of going there. Although the new LA Fitness is very nice, has lots of new equipment, pool, racket-ball courts, etc. I pay $42/month and IIRC payed a $180 upfront fee. For me it is worth it.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:14 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,188 times
i've had the $40/month statewide LA Fitness membership for 10 yrs, wonder if that will work at the dale mabry or HPV location? or if i can just add it on for small fee ($10/month?) without cancelling and rejoining again, that would be absurd.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
i've had the $40/month statewide LA Fitness membership for 10 yrs, wonder if that will work at the dale mabry or HPV location? or if i can just add it on for small fee ($10/month?) without cancelling and rejoining again, that would be absurd.
I'm sure that it's a small fee to use the signature facilities. Just call and ask them. I haven't been to the one on Dale Mabry yet, but people seem to like it.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:51 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hstern19 View Post
Looking for decent hours and not a lot of $. Any feedback on where you go or have been is appreciated.
I been a member of LFF at hyde park, Anytime fitness @kennedy. LFF is what it is, is like any other one LFF, the one at hyde park does have a higher percentage of people that are in shape, so if you are the sort of person who would feel self-conscious then its probably not for you. The anytime fitness is tiny, small selection of hammer strength type machines and even less free weights. The LFF/LA fitness @ dale mabry is huge, but LA fitness you always end up paying 70+ by the time all the fees are in. I currently have a membership @ the Youfit @ gandy, is inexpensive, well kept and a decent selection of machines and free weight area, no complains other than the slightly longer drive, if I shoot down bayshore its not so bad, I guess the downside is no aerobic classes I dont do that anyway, I am also a member at the Y, more for kid reasons, but they have a decent gym, and all the free classes you can want, my wife works out there more than the youfit.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:55 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Check for discount with your health insurances, first,, be surprized what you might find before you join.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay