Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:16 AM

979 posts, read 3,827,707 times

Advertisements

Where do you love to eat when you are in Tampa?

I just moved here almost two years ago now and have only found a few so far. I'm kind of bummed because I am a huge food lover. Just want to see if I can get any ideas off of you guys.

So far I like:

*The Lime in New Tampa (great atmosphere, great staff, yummy yummy food!)

*Timpano in Tampa (great atmosphere, food is good... not AWESOME but I would definitely eat there again)

I really hate having to succumb to corporate restaurants but my roommate and I keep finding ourselves at Ruby tuesday and Mac Grill alot. I need some orginality here. HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 12:12 PM

121 posts, read 515,226 times
Try Iavarones, in Tampa - EXCELLENT food. Pricey, but worth it when you're in the mood to celebrate.

I like Cuban Breezes for a quick, casual meal. They're a smaller chain, but very good. And they have the best fries!

Four Green Fields in South Tampa. It's an Irish bar, but don't be deterred by the whole "bar food" wrap. They have FANTASTIC FOOD, and the atmosphere is great.

Hattricks is another bar in South Tampa, and they have excellent food as well. As the name implies, it's a sports bar. But it too has great atmosphere, brick walls, wooden floors, etc.

Hope that helps!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:14 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,759,075 times
Ciccio and Tony's, on Howard Ave (SoHo area), just north of Bern's Steakhouse
Welcome to Ciccio And Tony's Restaurants (broken link)

Estela's for Mexican (we would go to the Brandon location) Estelas Mexican Restaurant

There's some good restaurants in Ybor, The Columbia is one Columbia Restaurant - Locations

There's a good Thai food place called Thailand Restaurant that's on Dale Mabry, just south of Gandy.

For BBQ, Kojacks House of Ribs :::: Kojaks House Of Ribs ::::

Old 04-03-2008, 12:15 PM

Yeah I've been to Hattricks before. Didn't eat there but the place was awesome. I would def go there again. And now I guess I'll have to bring an empty stomach!

I've heard of four green fields but I don't think I have been there yet.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
Ciccio and Tony's, on Howard Ave (SoHo area), just north of Bern's Steakhouse
Welcome to Ciccio And Tony's Restaurants (broken link)
Yeah, there is one right next door to The Lime in New Tampa that I mentioned. I haven't been there yet but all I keep hearing are great things about that place. Do they serve alcohol there or is it more like a grab a bite and leave kind of a place?-----------> Sorry, just clicked on the link and saw the martini's. Nevermind!

Quote:
Estela's for Mexican (we would go to the Brandon location) Estelas Mexican Restaurant
Well I'm very picky about my Mexican so that's good to know. Authentic enough?

Quote:
There's some good restaurants in Ybor, The Columbia is one Columbia Restaurant - Locations
Is this Cuban? Also, what's it called.... Bernini's is it? In Ybor? That was pretty good.

Quote:
There's a good Thai food place called Thailand Restaurant that's on Dale Mabry, just south of Gandy.

For BBQ, Kojacks House of Ribs :::: Kojaks House Of Ribs ::::
MMM I love Thai. I'll have to check it out. Have you been to Thai Tani in Channelside yet? Awesome awesome food and sushi and a really cute place inside. Thanks for all of the links too! Great info! Big ol' fresh cookies for you!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:28 PM

Btw, that Columbia restaurant looks awesome. My dad is Chilean and we used to go see Flamenco dancing alot when I was younger. I'll have to take my parents when they come to town. I bet they'll love it!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:09 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,697,912 times
Believe it or not, I love to go to the Buddist Temple off of Palm River Rd. It's a Thai Temple and every Sunday afternoon they serve the best, most authentic Thai food...Thai beef soup, papaya salad, fried sweet potatoe-banana-taro, sticky rice, deserts, and sometimes more than that. You eat outside and it's also very inexpensive.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:27 PM

403 posts, read 1,193,105 times
Anything in SoHo.

Jazzy's BBQ in North Tampa for the best smack yo momma BBQ in town.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingGuy View Post
Anything in SoHo.

Jazzy's BBQ in North Tampa for the best smack yo momma BBQ in town.
LOL! K... thanks for that

Old 04-03-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
Try Iavarones, in Tampa - EXCELLENT food. Pricey, but worth it when you're in the mood to celebrate.

I like Cuban Breezes for a quick, casual meal. They're a smaller chain, but very good. And they have the best fries!

Four Green Fields in South Tampa. It's an Irish bar, but don't be deterred by the whole "bar food" wrap. They have FANTASTIC FOOD, and the atmosphere is great.

Hattricks is another bar in South Tampa, and they have excellent food as well. As the name implies, it's a sports bar. But it too has great atmosphere, brick walls, wooden floors, etc.

Hope that helps!
So this Iavarones looks pretty good! What am I expecting price wise when I go? The website doesn't really say much. Just wanting to know how much I should be bringing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay