U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 AM

5 posts, read 13,664 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

We are expecting our first child in six months time. We live in Pinellas County and was wondering what are the best doctors and hospital available?

Ideally the closer to downtown better.

Also, we would like to hear about some good programmes that are offered during pregnancy and advice on anything to do with pregnancy so that it would help us with this period.

Thanks a lot in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 11:16 AM

42 posts, read 88,682 times
I am new in town also, and I have posted for doctor recommendations before with minimal or no response. I think I saw a note in another post that business recommendations are discouraged in the forums? Wish I could help; it makes me uncomfortable to choose someone randomly, too, and it is harder when you don't know many people yet to ask! Maybe you could try a mothers group website?

Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 PM

1,711 posts, read 2,780,367 times
JMO Bayfront-run like heck, do not have a child there. Very unproffesional and Bayflite dragging in shooting and car crash victims all hours of the day and night makes rest very difficult.

The best place is Morton Plant or it was an annex of MP, I can't remember. It was in downtown Clearwater, there was a turtle statue out front. The place was top notch, polite proffesional staff, accomodating and warm.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:44 PM

2,727 posts, read 4,621,737 times
Morton Plant. Doctors and mid wifes associated with Contemporary Woman (I beleive the name is and they also work at Morton Plant) took good care of my wife

Good luck

ETA: My wife still goes there for her check up even if it is now over one hour of drive from where we live.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:35 AM

13,772 posts, read 35,114,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtytwopaws View Post
I am new in town also, and I have posted for doctor recommendations before with minimal or no response. I think I saw a note in another post that business recommendations are discouraged in the forums? Wish I could help; it makes me uncomfortable to choose someone randomly, too, and it is harder when you don't know many people yet to ask! Maybe you could try a mothers group website?
You are allowed to ask for recommendations of any kind however there are exceptions. You can not recommend a real estate agent and you must have 10 posts. Also, remember many doctors do not take new patients.

I can recommend doctors in Tampa but not in St. Pete and I know many of the folks here live in Tampa.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:00 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,032,970 times
I highly recommend Labor of Love birth center in Lutz. I think there's one in Clearwater as well. I would never have a birth in a hospital after having such an amazing birth at Labor of Love. Completely hands off approach, not hooked up to unnecessary monitors, IVs, etc.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 PM

5 posts, read 13,664 times
so bayfront is awful?

we were planning having the birth there.

they are completely renovating the whole hospital. i am not sure if any of you've been recently but, i was there eight months ago and it was verymodernly decorated not that it means everything of course.

i appreciate all your feedback and would like to hear more about bayfront and hospitals in pinellas county in general.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:04 PM

1,711 posts, read 2,780,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flistny View Post
so bayfront is awful?

we were planning having the birth there.

they are completely renovating the whole hospital. i am not sure if any of you've been recently but, i was there eight months ago and it was verymodernly decorated not that it means everything of course.

i appreciate all your feedback and would like to hear more about bayfront and hospitals in pinellas county in general.
My son was born there 13 years ago, so alot might have changed. He was early. Mom was administered drugs at Bayfront to delay birth to try and get my sons birthweight up. Looking back the 36 hours of mom going through shear torture wasn't worth the few if any ounces that we're gained.

Other expecting Fathers I came across weren't to happy with the care they're wives were getting either-stuff like going into labor and getting sent home. Maybe things have changed but back then the damn helicopter just kept coming and going....hard on both of us trying to get rest. Despite all that my kid is one of the biggest now in his 8th grade and is healthy.

I believe the place MeInDunedin desribed is the same place my second son was born, way better experience. Our circumstances were unique and it is a benefit to have All-Children's right next door as well. I probably shouldn't have been so harsh on Bayfront originally, just didn't get along with a couple of RN's there. They are suitable and after all if you live near there, go there, probably not a good idea to drive around in Pinellas traffic after water breaks, hospital shopping.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:07 PM

3,237 posts, read 5,474,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flistny View Post
so bayfront is awful?
I was born there, it cant be that bad, can it?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:14 AM

3,380 posts, read 8,241,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
I was born there, it cant be that bad, can it?

^^ This.... do you need anymore of a reason NOT to have your child at Bayfront? LOL Sorry Crazynip..... it was too easy to take the jab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay