Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 765 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, I'm just moving to Tampa and need some help figuring out where to apply. I have a BA in Physics with a concentration in Environmental Sciences and I am currently finishing my Masters in Marine Science and Technology. I am looking for an environmental science career preferably doing field work. If anyone has any information please send it my way. It'll really help.

Thanks, Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 AM

85 posts, read 159,510 times
Look at helping big companies hide their as s from big toxic tort class actions like the cancer cluster above orlando towards daytona near that georgia pacific plant.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:52 AM

306 posts, read 451,423 times
Check the marine science department at USF. I heard that it's one of the best in the nation, and recently I think they got some big grants to study the effect of the oil spill in golf. As a PhD student you might be able to do field work. It's just an idea, I don't know for sure if it works, you have to research it. Good luck!

Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,461,827 times
Not sure if you are already here, but a little curious as to the interest in Tampa with that skill set. You have your reasons no doubt. I know a lot of people that work for the Naval Oceanography Office over on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi, and they are always looking for your expertise.
Usajobs.gov would be my recommendation. I know NOAA had a job that sounds like you would be a fit for recently on there, just not sure if it is still there. Nope, I just checked an it must have closed. A lot of jobs on this site are only open to current federal employees, so just check to be sure you can even apply. Some are posted one day and close the next, but most job announcements give ample time as long as you are agressively searching.
I would also think about LinkedIn. I opened an account a while back, subscribe to numerous groups, and see a lot of people (head hunters, recruiters, HR) asking job hunters to send them thier resume. Good Luck!

Old 05-08-2012, 01:17 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Navy,Coast Guard, Sea World, Tampa Aquarium,Oil Drilling companies,dredging companies,County.State parks ,basically any place that requires environmental assessments or studies done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: