U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 05:41 AM

78 posts, read 177,733 times

Advertisements

Well my family and I are currently living in Fishhawk and while we love the community and the schools (daughter will be going on to 2nd grade) we are considering moving to Tampa (33626) as my wife currently works near Waters and Dale Mabry and our family is opening a business near Citrus Park Mall that I will be at.

Can anyone recommend zip codes surrounding 33626 that are nice areas to look into possibly within a 10 mile radius? We have a wonderful school system currently and would like to keep it that way. We are planning on renting maybe for the 1st year in that area and then plan on purchasing a house. As of right now our budget would be between $200k-$300K.

Thanks!

Last edited by sjea0124; 05-29-2012 at 06:04 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 07:33 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,061,014 times
You can add Oldsmar zip 34677 to the list for research. The area around Forest Lakes would be within the parameters you gave. Odessa zip 33556 might work, but this will probably stretch your budget too far. Also add Lutz (stay west of Dale Mabry) to the list of possibilities though this is the furthest away that I'd recommend. The McKitrick/Martinez/Steinbrenner schools have attracted many but I've heard they're now overcrowded. There are parts of 33624 (Northdale and Carrollwood Village-NORTH) and 33625 (Citrus Park) that will put you in very good school systems but you will need to check each address on the list due to some areas being zoned for schools that have consistently performed below standards. You should also look at the neighborhoods along Racetrack Road (north of Linebaugh). I rambled quite a bit so if you would like more details on any of these areas, just ask.

Here's the school locator link Untitled Document.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 05-29-2012 at 07:41 AM..

Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 AM

78 posts, read 177,733 times
TampaKaren,

Thank you for all the info and the website for the schools which will really help. Having never lived in a "city" area before, it is much harder to search when you have many zip codes and areas can change from block to block.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:33 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,729,014 times
There isn't a "city" area by Lutz, or Odessa, or Citrus Park...these are all very spread out, and there are a bunch of places in Odessa that are affordable off Gunn Hwy right by the mall actually. These are all suburbs.

33558 West of Dale Mabry
33624 Carrollwood; also a straight shot on Ehrlich Rd to Citrus Park Mall...all nice and with good schools.
33556 Odessa (stay on or around Gunn hwy between Lutz Lake Fern and Citrus Park Drive...then see below...the zip changes to 33625
33625 Lots of communities of Sheldon Rd in Citrus Park that are very nice, and you could totally walk to the mall from them. Just don't go south of Linebaugh...it gets spotty after that residentially speaking...some trailer parks, and run down areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjea0124 View Post
TampaKaren,

Thank you for all the info and the website for the schools which will really help. Having never lived in a "city" area before, it is much harder to search when you have many zip codes and areas can change from block to block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay