Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 11:56 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmullet View Post
As a fat smoker
don't move to NYC....you might have smoking withdrawal along w/ hunger pangs the way things are going up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 11:18 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Everyone has bad habits, talking bout my health, not yours, when I posted this. I was not sure if the landords now had to comply with anything new that I was not aware of, or even a way to fix the problem as I never ran into this before, and the problem was solved, They cleaned out the AC and I bought a air purifier, now my niece with asthma can visit, n I wont worry bout taking her to the ER. Live and let live,,, but let me live already!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:16 AM

143 posts, read 241,389 times
@chinmulet, I'm also a smoker but I think the OP has a valid complaint. I don't smoke indoors even if I'm given the green light to do so for the reason the OP states, it makes your place stink!

@tinytrump, glad you got your place smelling better!

Old 06-20-2012, 09:35 AM

Thank you for thinking of the rest of us, I smoked for a spell in my 20's and never inside. and that was way before the whole 2nd hand smoke thing... I just wonder why laws are not protecting the kids,,, but lots of new commercials though.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:12 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,137,735 times
Whine, whine , whine...want some cheese with it? You mention you live in an Apartment, here's a plan, save your money and buy a stand alone house on a piece of land, problem solved. You remind me of the two yuppie azzhats I ran into at Disney last time I went. I'm clearly standing in the SMOKING section and the one Stepford wife wannabe says "Can you put that out, some of the kids have asthma"? Well if they have asthma maybe you should get them out of the smoking section.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:34 AM

Dear SGT- had a house, my vet- hubby died, things did not go well, end of story...-now I rent a nice apt. but with some kinda ventilation issue, you are so sweet.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:37 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,137,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Dear SGT- had a house, my vet- hubby died, things did not go well, end of story...-now I rent a nice apt. but with some kinda ventilation issue, you are so sweet.
Sincerely sorry to hear that, hope you get the ventilation issue worked out. Perhaps if it's a multi building complex they could have smoking buildngs and non? IDK, just a suggestion. Having apt lived myself it usually goes with the territory that your all-too close neighbors are gonna tick you off somehow or another. In my case it was people parking in my spot, dogs, dog crap, music, foul language at the pool.

Nothing personal, more to due with the lady at the mouse house.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:08 PM

In some places the "no- smoking" in apt complexes is becoming a norm, due to fires and the expense of having to replace carpets etc etc, I count each day a blessing, and try to work out the negatives. The air purifier is working well and who knows if they told a neighbor to open a window or something because the air has improved. I was very surprized as I hear nothing, no noise at all, very solid walls... but I guess smokes seeps in. anyhow thanks for all the input.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:08 AM

929 posts, read 2,722,039 times
Most of the stores I notice allow all their employees smoke just outside the front door. So you walk through a smoke cloud trying to get inside.
I HATE SMOKING !!!!
Sorry but most smokers require you to share in their habit.
How many of you work with smokers? I notice they take many breaks through out the day to feed their habit.
Come to think about it, they are simply pleasuring theirselves on company time.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:11 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider7811 View Post
Most of the stores I notice allow all their employees smoke just outside the front door. So you walk through a smoke cloud trying to get inside.
Noticed that as well. Not a good inviting look for a store to have its employees loitering around the entrance watching customers come in while dragging on a cigarette while hacking up a lung.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay