Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 07:04 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I hope you're joking. How would you like it if we said the same about YOUR job? or service you provide? that is no work, and it shouldn't be paid for?

They provide a service; if everyone could be doing this, then everyone would.

This is an awful disease that people have developed; this denigration of professions as if unless someone is a lawyer or doctor, everyone else should not be paid for their work. Insulting is what I call it. In my field people seem to believe gas stations and stores accept "photo credit" for payment!

Very ignorant mentality, and very disappointing that people chose to dis-evolve to this point!

Not cool!
Read closely.I said that I got the closing service part. It's a lot of work and responsibility. I have issue with the fees for searches and the insurance itself. I did title searches back when a searcher sat at the courthouse and got details over the phone. I got $5 a search. The charge was $100. The Ins, co. wouldn't write the policy if there was the slightest problem with the title. Not much risk. Cash Cow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 07:09 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
That is a great way to keep unemployment high.

My hubby's office just hired three more ppl. This is specialized work, and if you're an idiot looking for an easy job, this is not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The company we usually work with is run by the owners and they only have someone who answers the hones and does a little other work since it became to much of a liability with employees as they had in the booming years and they were not very happy with the level of skills the employees had and due to house bubble they had to do it by themselves but that is also why they can work cheaper and more efficient and keep customers happy with lower costs.

Of course if they get too much work they will need to hire other people but so far they can deal with it this way and we are having happy customers which makes our life's and job easier.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:48 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
This thread went on the fritz!

On one hand you have someone defending thier spouses job on the other you have someone that actually requires that business service providing good, useful information.

I actually have NEVER seen insurance so vigorously defended! Makes me laugh a little.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:21 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Frankly, this thread should be moved to the Real Estate board.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:56 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
I was thinking about saying that yesterday before my post and should have.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:24 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I believe the thread is perfect in this spot since I don't know if this is a local issue or is happening else where.

As far as my knowledge goes it is local and only happening recently since investors we work with have started to complain about the high fees some title companies in the area are charging for CASH closings!

This has nothing to do with more work or less work since every cash deal requires the same work. I'm not comparing a bad title company who doesn't do their job with a good title company.

We believe it started when more and more investors started to buy lower priced properties and title companies are taking advantage of them but they have to keep in mind that investors will pay that once, but next time they will not fall for that!

Old 06-27-2012, 03:00 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
BB, were you able to get the fees reduced and close at the $$$ title company? I ask because I had a title agent tell me recently that their fees for a cash closing were $200 + the cost of recording the deed. This is a huge difference between what you were quoted. I hope it was a miscommunication. At a minimum, you should have been showered with blue-ink pens and served some expensive wine and cheese while the closing occurred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay