Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2012, 11:28 AM

67 posts, read 184,403 times

Advertisements

Hi- moving to the area at the end of the month. My rent includes cable TV. Does anyone know how it works, and who I contact, about having internet in the condo? Are there providers that only provide internet without me having to pay a cable bill? And roughly how much is internet only per month? Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 11:44 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,951 times
A lot of associations provide free basic cable. You should be able to go to the CONDO associations page and download thier handbook. Not sure what company, but you probably will just have to hook up a TV and you'll have service. If you want more, probably have to call the company and have them come out and set up a box. Cable is pretty cheap IMO. Phone/Cable (just about every channel)/Internet (25MB speed) for FIOS runs about 140 I believe a month. You can trim down services and probably keep it under 100 bucks for all three.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:01 PM

Thank you, gulfer. Cable is included in the rent, and the condo is furnished, including 3 TVs so I am sure I'm all set with the cable. I was curious as to how much internet only is in Florida. I don't want to pay for a house phone either, as I have a cell phone. I will check out the condo association's website. Thanks for the tip!

Old 06-10-2012, 12:03 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,240,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster602 View Post
Thank you, gulfer. Cable is included in the rent, and the condo is furnished, including 3 TVs so I am sure I'm all set with the cable. I was curious as to how much internet only is in Florida. I don't want to pay for a house phone either, as I have a cell phone. I will check out the condo association's website. Thanks for the tip!
BHN is constantly running special promotions that arent usually listed, give them a call and see what they can do for you.. I believe the standard 10/1 has a normal price of around $50 without any discounts or promitons.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:12 PM

Thank you Tim!

Old 06-10-2012, 12:58 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,324,022 times
Beware of apartment / condo utility tie-ins.

Some of these places have exclusivity contracts where you cannot use another provider (cable/phone/internet).

Old 06-10-2012, 04:34 PM

19 posts, read 52,392 times
In any of the Camden's you cannot just add the internet - they force you to upgrade from basic cable in addition to getting internet. I am not sure if there are any other small ISP, so your only other option would be verizon if it doesn't violate the contract.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:54 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,324,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCW25 View Post
In any of the Camden's you cannot just add the internet - they force you to upgrade from basic cable in addition to getting internet. I am not sure if there are any other small ISP, so your only other option would be verizon if it doesn't violate the contract.
That's the problem, there usually IS a contract of some kind and you cant get verizon or bright house, depending on which contract they have
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay