Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2012, 11:58 AM

371 posts, read 1,259,792 times

Advertisements

I have never had these small ants before, so perhaps they're common in FL (?). These are only in my master bathroom, and only around the sink and bathtub ( not in shower). They're very small- brown, but different than small sugar ants or something, they do not follow an orderly 'line'. They go in circles, seemingly aimless, and don't 'follow' each other. There's usually 3-6 of these little buggers around every time I go to the sink.
Any ideas of what they are? how do I get rid of them?
thx!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 PM

199 posts, read 618,527 times
If they're tinier than the normal sugar ants they could be pharaoh ants. Pharaoh ant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia They're hard to get rid of; I had to hire an exterminator.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:18 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,190 times
Yeah, a pharaoh ant OR argentine ant. Very hard to get rid of...and believe me I tried it all back around August of last year.

We had an exterminator come and I even told him I didn't think he could get rid of them (our problem was much worse than yours- they were everywhere around our house and even visible on the sidewalks, etc)...but he proved me wrong. He used a combination of some liquid spray and then tossed a powder around the outside of our house. GONE.

However...they just started to appear again about 2 weeks ago. Time to make that call.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:50 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,927 times
we have been fighting them too but mostly in the kitchen around the sink. I have tried several things to kill them but they seem to keep coming.

Seaspur, who did you use as a pest control company and what did they charge (if you dont mind me asking )?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:06 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Try putting a equal mixture of sugar and baking soda in a bottle cap. It will kill them. You should spray outside and around your windows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay