Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 05:13 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
This has gone way off topic, but it does seem that some action was taken, but no follow up. That's the key. Following up and continuing to report the illegal activity. That is how law enforcement can show up at odd times to attempt to witness it themselves. If they drive up and find the same bunch of kids hanging around the same place and it just happens that some crimes happened in the area around that time they are going to go see that group first. It's all a matter of citizens doing their part instead of thinking someone else is going to do it.
You are absolutely correct about the follow-up. I just assume that my neighbors do this because they are home all day and really aren't doing much else. I teach full-time when it's not summer, so I'm usually quite busy during the school year when this stuff occurs. But I guess I shouldn't complain if I'm not willing to stand up and do something about it … and now we are moving, so I doubt I'll involve myself with it now.

Quote:
So, the gun shots were a 1 time thing, right? The mailbox smashing a 1 time thing too?
I know some boxes got smashed along SHD West of Deltona a week or two ago.
Yes, the gun shots were a 1 time thing. The mailbox smashing has happened twice that I know of in the past few years. They label that as "criminal mischief" or something of that sort on the Hernando County Sheriff's website.

Quote:
If you had absolute proof of who stole the mail, well, you could have or should have, but didn't.
So it be.
Yes. Very true.

Quote:
Is there any graffiti in the neighborhood? That is a sure sign of gang activity.
Yes. There is. There is some weird words that were recently spray painted on a wall near Forest Oaks Blvd. (If you've driven down that way, you may have seen it. It is quite visible from the street.) And I believe there is more spray painted on an abandoned home on Deltona. (That one's a little harder to see from the street.) I'm wondering if they may be marking their territory? That's what they told us in Memphis when I went through gang identification training. I am unfamiliar with the gangs in Spring Hill, though … not sure of their names and such. It honestly hasn't been too bad in my neighborhood until recent years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Ok Folks.. please get back on topic.
I'm pretty much done with what I wanted to say in this thread I started, so feel free to close it if you feel it has run its course. I think everyone has said what they've needed to say by now. The proverbial dead horse has been fully beaten.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:32 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,757,399 times
Someone sounds bitter. LOL

Old 07-04-2012, 08:59 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Do I get to choose the 3-4 days or is it only the days/times you choose that are allowable? Can I stand in front of your house on some random week day(s) and blow crap up until 2 in the morning? Since it'll be only me and to speed up the fun, I'll set a couple of old tires on fire so your neighborhood is nice and smokey. Just to top it off, I'll let loose with a clip from the ol' AK-47. Then I'll leave all the remnants scattered in the road for someone else to clean up.
Huh? I know it's July 4th but it's awful early to be drinking.

I have heard fireworks in my yard all week long and not once did they interrupt sleep or bother me in any way. Matter of fact, that made me walk outside to view them. They aren't blowing up next to my face.

Also, no smoke exists whenever you get up in the morning and continue on with your day.

Leaving trash on the road is a different story- I would say something to them.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:30 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,224,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy101 View Post
i'm not getting involved about when to shoot off fireworks, everyone knows it can get out of hand. but setting tires on fire and blazing away with "the old AK" are a little over the top, no let me correct that just plain stupid. grow up rambo
Sarcasm, dude. But rest assured-some idiot will shoot off a clip before the night is over.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:32 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,224,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
Huh? I know it's July 4th but it's awful early to be drinking.

I have heard fireworks in my yard all week long and not once did they interrupt sleep or bother me in any way. Matter of fact, that made me walk outside to view them. They aren't blowing up next to my face.

Also, no smoke exists whenever you get up in the morning and continue on with your day.

Leaving trash on the road is a different story- I would say something to them.
So you wouldn't mind?

Old 07-05-2012, 08:35 AM

Did any of you read this?

Dade City fireworks show rescheduled for Thursday - Tampa Bay Times

I'm hoping the poor guy is OK.

We went to Safety Harbor's fireworks display last night and it was AMAZING!! Not Boston, MA fireworks display amazing, but the best I've seen in Florida, anyway. I was pretty surprised given the smallness of the city.

And while we were staying down there the night before the 4th, I got a GREAT night's sleep because no one was shooting off fireworks all hours of the night!

Old 07-04-2013, 03:01 PM

485 posts, read 1,011,962 times
worst day of the year b/c of fireworks

Old 07-04-2013, 03:22 PM

I totally forgot about this thread. Wow. What a difference a year makes! I completely forgot about the Spring Hill fireworks nonsense that went on each year we were living up there. Down here, we don't have that problem - it's been nice and quiet each night this week with NO illegal fireworks being shot off near our house. We went to the Safety Harbor parade, had a nice BBQ with a bunch of our new neighbors today, and are going to hook up with a bunch of people down at the marina for Safety Harbor's fireworks display in a bit, provided the weather holds out. It's been a great 4th so far!

By the way, my Spring Hill friends are complaining that the Spring Hill fireworks display that was supposed to happen got cancelled. What happened? It's a shame Weeki Wachee doesn't do a display any more.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:48 PM

485 posts, read 1,011,962 times
bring on the rain!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay