Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 09:40 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Be ready for some herreoundous traffic,,,and school starts Aug 21-- be safe...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 01:44 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
Default August 20-31 (mostly)

Hillsborough County has a list of alternate office locations, public viewing areas and parade routes, and public transportation, videos, etc. posted on their website. For the most part, this temporary inconvenience will be in effect between August 20 to August 31. Here's their link --> Hillsborough County, FL - Official Website - Republican National Convention

Old 07-26-2012, 07:45 AM

From what I may or not know the hotels are booked through the Holiday- Sept 3--the mayham may or not begin prior to discourage the conventioners from coming-at all.. see how they are removing " parts" from the downtown area that is not welded n cemented down--- what does that tell you?

Old 08-02-2012, 02:04 AM

3 posts, read 5,779 times
Thumbs down 'right'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
I work downtown, I can tell you it's gonna be an absolute ****ing zoo. The city is spending tens of millions of dollars, some of it their own, most of it federal. Money being wasted left and right.
Yer durn tootin'; mostly wasted for the "Right" instead of FOR America!

Old 08-02-2012, 04:17 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
I work downtown, I can tell you it's gonna be an absolute ****ing zoo. The city is spending tens of millions of dollars, some of it their own, most of it federal. Money being wasted left and right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carroll Johnson View Post
Yer durn tootin'; mostly wasted for the "Right" instead of FOR America!
They Fed. is spending more than twice as much for the DNC security, $50 million. So would that be "mostly wasted on the "Left" instead of FOR America!"?

Old 08-03-2012, 11:46 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
I doubt there is more or less money being spent on one convention versus the other. I would imagine the factor determining the money is the likeness of public unrest. In general I dont understand the overreaction Tampa hosts a superbowl every 5 years or so, clearly Tampa PD/City Hall knows how to handle big crowds.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:05 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I doubt there is more or less money being spent on one convention versus the other. I would imagine the factor determining the money is the likeness of public unrest. In general I dont understand the overreaction Tampa hosts a superbowl every 5 years or so, clearly Tampa PD/City Hall knows how to handle big crowds.
Every time there is a presidential convention there is a lot more spent on security at one of the 2, which ever party has a pres. in the White House will spend a lot more on security.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
For the most part- football fans are here to party and have a good time and for ONE day, which may include a day or two before and after the game. although in some cities they try to burn it down when they lose,, BUT - This is political,,, a very HOT subject, for your very own in the city and the protesters that come to make sure they are heard loud and clear, and the NUT jobs who just have a reason to get wild and destructive. It has happened at every other political even of this magnitude- so do not bury your head in the sand and think it is all hype. Be smart& be safe,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay