Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,013 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to relocate in Tampa what are the best neighborhood need some help thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 11:20 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milagros Lopez View Post
I'm looking to relocate in Tampa what are the best neighborhood need some help thanks.
Then why would you come on a thread about Temple Terrace?

Old 07-12-2015, 11:31 AM

1,500 posts, read 3,333,337 times
^seriously

Sock puppet looking for a place to finally wash? You'll likely find more laundromats in Tampa or Brandon. Look there.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:33 AM

Back on topic. Here are some random web pics of Temple Terrace...

Last edited by housingcrashsurvivor; 07-12-2015 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-13-2015, 05:15 AM

745 posts, read 801,151 times
So maybe part of the issue is, to me anyway, Temple Terrace starts at 40th street, but city limits are about a mile East of there, closer to 56th street, this article shows the issue. It's my same argument about why Seminole Heights sucks, because it's surrounded by riff raff...

Temple Terrace and Tampa work to tackle crime along border | Tampa Bay Times

Old 07-13-2015, 05:18 AM

Also, you have to wonder how accurate that webpage is as far as crime tracking. Yesterday afternoon, around 6pm, there was a manhunt for someone in the area of Busch and 50th street. They had dozens of units, roads blockaded by patrol cars, and the "ghetto bird" in the air for over an hour. I just looked and there was no crime reported yesterday... wtf?

Old 07-13-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
So maybe part of the issue is, to me anyway, Temple Terrace starts at 40th street, but city limits are about a mile East of there, closer to 56th street, this article shows the issue. It's my same argument about why Seminole Heights sucks, because it's surrounded by riff raff...

Temple Terrace and Tampa work to tackle crime along border | Tampa Bay Times
That illustrates wonderfully HOW LAME AND PURPOSELY MISLEADING ARE YOUR POSTS that you would not only post AN ARTICLE ALREADY TWO YEARS OLD but that you'd state that "Temple Terrace starts at 40th St" when TT actually ends at 52nd St more than a mile and a quarter away. There is no TT down by Busch that extends west of that. Again, HYDE PARK IS LESS THAN 2 MILES AWAY FROM YBOR yet you don't call Hyde Park riff raff so you really are completely full of it on this. LAKE MAGDELENE COMPLETELY BORDERS SUITCASE CITY; it is not even a mile away, it is the next block. Where are your complaints about that? So you are not only prejudiced, but also you are scapegoating.

That there is less distances between communities is simply how urban life works, as opposed to isolated suburban areas. A lot of us dislike the far flung suburbs. It isn't that we can't live there; but that we don't like it there. Perhaps if you weren't surrounded by so much boredom, you'd not think everyone else surrounded by so much so-called-by-you riff raff.

Because, you see, here's the thing. It doesn't matter where you think TT is if you don't think it is where it is. Repeat that to yourself. Again. You see how that works? You see how your brain isn't working properly? You can say as much as you want that TT is in suitcase city but the fact is that it is not. You can say that TT is in University Sq but, again, it is not. You can say TT is by Rowlette, but again, you'd be wrong. You are not consistent with facts. You are merely spouting your own prejudices which are not based on reality. Seems that's tough for you to get. I understand that you need to keep some semblance of whatever you consider to be reality going so that you are able to function. But that doesn't make you right.

When you are wrong you are wrong. And you are wrong. Perhaps if you worked a bit harder on your thinking you could bring yourself to better understandings and that can help create structures in your brain for your further good use. But for as long as you indulge your prejudices. For as long as fail to seek to improve your understanding and your thinking, you will be lost in delusion.

Try passing off nonsense as real and don't be surprised if you get called out.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Also, you have to wonder how accurate that webpage is as far as crime tracking. Yesterday afternoon, around 6pm, there was a manhunt for someone in the area of Busch and 50th street. They had dozens of units, roads blockaded by patrol cars, and the "ghetto bird" in the air for over an hour. I just looked and there was no crime reported yesterday... wtf?
So then how do you know that the crime wasn't committed in Westchase but they finally caught the person down at Busch.

Again, 50th is not TT.

Tampa is not Temple Terrace.

Here's the latest week of crime in TT
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...k.kj91VHs3LcPg

4 auto burglaries (mostly stealing from inside unlocked cars) including a purse left there and luggage
3 apartment burglaries including a bicycle

so a total of 7 incidents

Here's the latest week of CRIME IN WESTCHASE

CrimeMapping

Oh yer gonna love this

a total of 6 incidents.

let's see what they are, shall we:

DRUGS/NARCOTICS IN WESTCHASE
ARMED BURGLARY IN WESTCHASE
a theft of a bicycle
CRIMINAL MISCHIEF IN WESTCHASE
a traffic issue not further identified
A DUI IN WESTCHASE

SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF RIFF RAFF IN WESTCHASE

Last edited by housingcrashsurvivor; 07-13-2015 at 01:10 PM..

Old 07-13-2015, 03:18 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,524,240 times
I remember I was at my sisters house in Westchase last Thanksgiving and the Sheriff's helicopter was flying above while we were eating lol.
After we ate I went to the 7-11, the Sherrifs SWAT Team drove by in 2 armored vehicles and they had Linebaugh shut down. It was some kind of hostage/homicide situation.
Crimes happen in all neighborhoods.
Westchase has a lot of "riff raff" around it too, I grew up around there so I know that area very well. The Thomas's use to let me hunt on all that property before they sold out to the developer that built Westchase.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
I remember I was at my sisters house in Westchase last Thanksgiving and the Sheriff's helicopter was flying above while we were eating lol.
After we ate I went to the 7-11, the Sherrifs SWAT Team drove by in 2 armored vehicles and they had Linebaugh shut down. It was some kind of hostage/homicide situation.
Crimes happen in all neighborhoods.
Westchase has a lot of "riff raff" around it too, I grew up around there so I know that area very well. The Thomas's use to let me hunt on all that property before they sold out to the developer that built Westchase.
When the hell was that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay