Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:10 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times

Advertisements

Your agent deals with their agent. You do not directly deal with the listing agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Right this minute we don't have a choice...it IS the listing agent, unless you know of a way to move that listing to someone else!!! we're stuck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 11:12 AM

Bad idea. You need a BUYERS AGENT to protect you and handle any tit tats that need correction before closing. Don't do this without someone on your side.

Quote:
She is NOT representing us. BUT, we have to deal with her by default since she is the listing(sellers) agent.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:35 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,153 times
You can very easily get a Different Company to list your property. Call up the broker personally and tell them you want to cancel the contract you have with them over differences, poor customer service, agent that doesn't work for you/with you/or meet your needs. Don't let them talk you out of it, just have it done.
IF YOU HAVE A BAD AGENT FOR BUYERS OR SELLERS AND YOU CONTINUE WITH THAT PERSON, IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT. There are many good ones out there, but many bad ones as well. In this day and age of Technology, it does not matter who your listing company is, that property gets out there to the MLS and is viewed by anyone searching that area.

There is always room for another Real Estate Agent. People that tell you otherwise don't understand all that goes into it. To many on the outside it is sitting around waiting for someone to call you and sell a home. Be preparred to spend MONTHS working with people before they are ready to buy a home. You search with them, when they inquire about certain ones you provide information on what has sold, when and at what price. You go to places and take pictures, deal with other agents that never call you back, put on many many miles on your own car spending time and money, for what may turn out to be nothing. With the internet, people seem to search a lot then just call the sellers agent directly and never even tell you. They feel 'I will get a deal if I go straight to them' not even realizing that they are dealing with someone that is legally required to get the best deal for the seller.

So, agents and Realtors try to get the information out only to ignored and continue on.

I definately agree with Spring Hillian, for a 100,000 - 200, 000 - 300,000 purchase you want someone on your side. It costs you nothing.

OP: Yes, there is always room for another one. Hard work, honesty, great customer service, and a great attitude go a long way.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 PM
BBI

490 posts, read 940,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Bad idea. You need a BUYERS AGENT to protect you and handle any tit tats that need correction before closing. Don't do this without someone on your side.
No, you need a buyers' agent because sellers' agents will basically refuse to deal with you if you don't have one (despite their fiduciary duties). Basically everything you get from a buyers' agent is free online: neighborhood profiles, homes for sale, impartial valuations, inspector recommendations, mortgage companies, form offer letters/agreements, etc. It's really remarkable that buyers' agents have held on this long. Anyway, we wouldn't have used one except that the sellers' agents refused to deal with us. Of course, the market's saturated enough that there's no reason to pay anyone 1% let alone 3%. (The idea that "it costs you nothing" in another post in this thread is just silly. If you're the buyer, all the cash changing hands in the deal is your cash.)

Same deal for sellers. All the 'make your home sell faster' tips are online, you can get impartial valuations online to help you set price, you can find a title company online, you can find folks to put you on the MLS for about $300, etc. Even if you have no idea what you're doing, you don't need more than a few hours' of someone's time to learn the process. This isn't rocket science.

The strange thing about algia's situation is that, the listing agent should really be trying to sell his or her services to algia, i.e., to become algia's buyer's agent. But apparently the agent is just being rude. Every time I've told a realtor I was house-shopping, they were always very, very nice to me.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:16 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,300,717 times
Yes we are dealing with her directly, because the house we're renting is listed for sale, and she is coordinating the showings! (in the most RUDE manner you've ever seen) Our former realtor would have never acted the way this one does. But it all has to do with how someone was brought up. If you were brought up with manners, and some class then you know how to treat people, if not, then you act like this jerk.

Quote:
Your agent deals with their agent. You do not directly deal with the listing agent.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:26 PM

1. We're not buying
2. We're not selling either
3. We KNOW the good Realtors, my husband works with a bunch of good people...
4. We're renting this one because it was the only property available when we moved back in the school zone...the listing agent has been nothing but a b--tch to us from day one. When we first moved, she was there rather than the property manager, and didn't even introduce herself, on the contrary, she opened up the door and started taking photos now the house was emptied of furniture; our deal with the property management company was that they were not going to list it for sale for the 6 months we were renting it!!!! and that changed the day we moved in. We called the PM and she said not to worry...but ever since she has been a nuisance to deal with mainly because she has no common sense as a person.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:33 PM

That is what we always did, but we have an eye for design, so for us it was really easy to sell our homes in the past by ourselves. That's why we never get tangled with agents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBI View Post
No, you need a buyers' agent because sellers' agents will basically refuse to deal with you if you don't have one (despite their fiduciary duties). Basically everything you get from a buyers' agent is free online: neighborhood profiles, homes for sale, impartial valuations, inspector recommendations, mortgage companies, form offer letters/agreements, etc. It's really remarkable that buyers' agents have held on this long. Anyway, we wouldn't have used one except that the sellers' agents refused to deal with us. Of course, the market's saturated enough that there's no reason to pay anyone 1% let alone 3%. (The idea that "it costs you nothing" in another post in this thread is just silly. If you're the buyer, all the cash changing hands in the deal is your cash.)

Same deal for sellers. All the 'make your home sell faster' tips are online, you can get impartial valuations online to help you set price, you can find a title company online, you can find folks to put you on the MLS for about $300, etc. Even if you have no idea what you're doing, you don't need more than a few hours' of someone's time to learn the process. This isn't rocket science.

The strange thing about algia's situation is that, the listing agent should really be trying to sell his or her services to algia, i.e., to become algia's buyer's agent. But apparently the agent is just being rude. Every time I've told a realtor I was house-shopping, they were always very, very nice to me.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:02 PM

Well, that certainly changes the situation.

You are a tenant, she is a listing agent. She has to show the place. Is it in your lease that they cant show the place while you reside there?

Quote:
Yes we are dealing with her directly, because the house we're renting is listed for sale, and she is coordinating the showings! (in the most RUDE manner you've ever seen) Our former realtor would have never acted the way this one does. But it all has to do with how someone was brought up. If you were brought up with manners, and some class then you know how to treat people, if not, then you act like this jerk.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:23 PM

68 posts, read 145,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I wish some agents would turn in their licenses...

We a dealing on a daily base with agents who never return calls, and never answer an email...perhaps they have full time jobs but it is annoying to the hard working agents who work in the field full time and try to advise clients and will do everything they can to help their clients but are not able to reach the other agent.

Also many agents just put their own property on the market to obtain leads since that I'd a cheap way of advertising even though it is called blind advertising.

We definitely need more "good" realtors and the competitiveness will cause others to act more professional or to leave the field.

I would also like to have lockbox keys with fingerprint recognition so agents can't illegally "provide" their key to an agent who can't afford to pay for it....

I could not agree with you more! I've dealt with realtors for years and never had a high opinion of most (not all) of them. We are in the process of selling our house and dealing with them in this setting is even worse. I'm finding the same thing..no return calls, leaving my house a mess after a showing..the list goes on and on!

Old 07-20-2012, 02:35 PM

It was agreed that we would NOT show it while renting it. It is NOT specified in the lease that they have to show it unless agreed upon prior to signing the lease, which we never agreed to since they told us they won't list it until after we move out. However, I have zero issue with the "showing part", the house shows great; what I have an issue with is how it has been handled so far. They have to give us 24 hours notice MINIMUM, and this person calls me now for 20 minutes later, and when I tell her that is not possible she starts discussing my schedule as if it was any of her business, and tells me how my schedule doesn't matter because "according to her" I have to sit around for weeks, not going anywhere, not taking my kids to their appointments, (speech/behavior/dentist), appointments that took weeks to schedule and cannot be canceled, etc etc, because she "might" have a showing!!!! VERY RUDE. She goes: "Ohh well how come you're gong to be at the dentist at 5:30pm! and I'm like, "I won't be, but I will be on my way home, because I don't own a helicopter to fly over the rush hour traffic"!!!!!!!! and more insulting remarks about our stuff, as in she asked me "what do we have of value"!!!!!!!!!?
when there was supposed to be a showing but no realtor was going to come, they were going to give the potential buyer the code for the lock box! CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT? I told her what do I have of value? Hmmm Gee my life? my kids lives? how can you suggest someone just pops in, how do I know who they are????????????? and all sorts of things in these lines.......VERY unprofessional, and RUDE. I actually had to ask my husband to put his foot down with her! There is no communication, and I am telling you, our former RE would have NEVER acted this way. NEVER. But sadly they're not the listing agent.

Whatever...

Quote:
Well, that certainly changes the situation.

You are a tenant, she is a listing agent. She has to show the place. Is it in your lease that they cant show the place while you reside there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay