Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:26 PM

146 posts, read 306,365 times

Advertisements

3 months and 3 price reductions on my home and no sale as yet. Should I hold on or give up and try again next year. I have already delayed moving for a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 05:14 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Don't know where you live, but there are too many homes for sale in the Tampa area.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:23 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,148 times
I have been keeping an eye for homes and still see quite a few from last year..

Old 07-21-2012, 08:20 PM

792 posts, read 2,291,782 times
If you lower the price enough, it'll sale.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:12 PM

385 posts, read 1,112,728 times
In this market, 3 months doesn't seem like that long to have a house on the market.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:27 PM

119 posts, read 253,487 times
We lived in IN, put our house on the market last June 2011, lowered the price 3-4 times and ended up short-selling it. It was one of the worst experiences in my life and really dont care to do it again! We finally sold and closed on it in May of this year.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:03 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
Not in the good areas! The good areas have 2, 3 that are for sale, and are worth anything! Most of the inventory is not in the good areas, or it is far, far away, or they are in complete disrepair, and most that don't sell are also overpriced.

A 3 bedroom is a 3 bedroom...that's it, and cannot sell for more than a 4 bedroom will. If you want to sell, you have to sell at what the market will pay for it, and have some sort of updates; most people would rather move in a place that doesn't need a lot of work to be done. 3 months is a long time...what's the whole story?

A house came on the market here in Lutz last week, and it sold by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Don't know where you live, but there are too many homes for sale in the Tampa area.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:56 AM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Not in the good areas! The good areas have 2, 3 that are for sale, and are worth anything! Most of the inventory is not in the good areas, or it is far, far away, or they are in complete disrepair, and most that don't sell are also overpriced.

A 3 bedroom is a 3 bedroom...that's it, and cannot sell for more than a 4 bedroom will. If you want to sell, you have to sell at what the market will pay for it, and have some sort of updates; most people would rather move in a place that doesn't need a lot of work to be done. 3 months is a long time...what's the whole story?

A house came on the market here in Lutz last week, and it sold by the end of the week.
Price has everything to do with a fast sale. In west Pasco nothing is selling since the price to insure a home is the highest in the country. Now with the state run run Ins they want to charge people 9k a year for sinkhole Ins in Pasco county.

So who would want to buy a 25K home and pay over 9K a year to insure it? I know not all loan comp's will force you to have sinkhole Ins, but some do.

People in west Pasco are just screwed from the crime and insane Ins prices.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:02 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
Exactly, and the school zone matters too; if its not in a good school you lost a lot of buyers right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Price has everything to do with a fast sale. In west Pasco nothing is selling since the price to insure a home is the highest in the country. Now with the state run run Ins they want to charge people 9k a year for sinkhole Ins in Pasco county.

So who would want to buy a 25K home and pay over 9K a year to insure it? I know not all loan comp's will force you to have sinkhole Ins, but some do.

People in west Pasco are just screwed from the crime and insane Ins prices.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:52 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,880 times
I have to disagree with some of the posts. There are properties selling around here. If you want to find something for under 100K good luck. Have been chasing properties all week for an investor only to be late on every one that is in average shape or better.
6 properties in my subdivision alone went under sale this month with the lowest was a short listed at 165K (probably go for 180K or higher) all the way up to 320K.
Can't emphasize enough about the price.

OP: While you probably don't want to post where you live on a forum like this, I don't think anyone can give accurate advice without knowing your location, what the market is around your area, etc... Also, nobody here can tell you where we will be with the Real Estate market a year from now. Everyone can give you an opinion and one of us will be right, but even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

If you need to get out of here, can drop the price and still feel good about selling, I see no issue. If you need to keep the price where it is so you can sell for what you owe or a higher profit, that is a difficult decision.

Is your property being showed by your Real Estate Agent? One way to determine if the price is close to what the market will take is the number of people visiting your home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay