Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 07:54 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times

Advertisements

Just curious as we will be buying next year and love the Trinity area. New Port Richey *the older areas not so much*....but the area we are is beautiful! Seems some of the HOA deed restrictions are out of control! LOL. We are looking into buying existing or new build...not sure yet...... I am sure these communities are all HOA affiliated but wanted to ask....... Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
It is actually as you describe....HOA-newer homes, or non HOA-older homes.

But HOA communities make overal sure that the values of the homes are kept where non community living you are more left with how your neighbors keep up their properties...

Old 08-02-2012, 10:57 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,201,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is actually as you describe....HOA-newer homes, or non HOA-older homes.

But HOA communities make overal sure that the values of the homes are kept where non community living you are more left with how your neighbors keep up their properties...
I wish my HOA can do that . In my neck of woods, home value have been going down for some time now .

Old 08-02-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
I wish my HOA can do that . In my neck of woods, home value have been going down for some time now .
What do you think is happening in non HOA areas....even going down more!

Overal an HOA community is looking nicer (there are always exceptions....) and values kept better due to most homes/yards will look better...

Old 08-02-2012, 07:34 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,880 times
Good Stuff as usual bentlebee.

I have been through the subdivisions in Trinity many times and they have some really nice properties. There is basically and Trinity West and East and they are very different. I have seen no HOA, 200 annual, 600 annual and homes with 300 per month.

There is also a lot of rural areas around there, so it would really depend on the type of home you are looking for. I don't want to sound like I am walking around your question, but you can find a 250K home with no HOA or a very low one (50 or so per month) that has a beautiful home. But you can drive 200 feet down the road and find a property that you don't want to live by. That is all over in Florida. I don't think it is either good or bad, it just pays to be aware.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:50 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,201,862 times
Quote:
What do you think is happening in non HOA areas....even going down more!

Overal an HOA community is looking nicer (there are always exceptions....) and values kept better due to most homes/yards will look better...
You like to exaggerate! While HOA helps to make neighborhood look better, it doesn't account for price of home to go up, economy does. Like some of our posters would say "show me the data!" and it must account for price of home. That means (using the gulfer's 250K example) prove this to me:

Null Hypothesis: Neighborhood with median home values of 250K with HOA has appreciated more than neighbrhood that has a 250K median price with no HOA.

I know you can't. Only then your assertion is accepted.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
You like to exaggerate! While HOA helps to make neighborhood look better, it doesn't account for price of home to go up, economy does. Like some of our posters would say "show me the data!" and it must account for price of home. That means (using the gulfer's 250K example) prove this to me:

Null Hypothesis: Neighborhood with median home values of 250K with HOA has appreciated more than neighbrhood that has a 250K median price with no HOA.

I know you can't. Only then your assertion is accepted.

In a HOA community you will not have to deal with the lot next to you having a manufactured home next to you while you home is a nice 2000. Sqft home with maintained yard...that is what I'm saying and not what you trying to make me say...nice try though

Old 08-10-2012, 05:01 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
I doubt that there is an HOA in South Tampa.

I thing maintaining your property has to do with what type of HOMEOWNER you are! because technically you should not need an HOA telling you to mow your own lawn!

The reason these newer communities (not just in Trinity) have HOA's is because of the people buying there...who are here for the lack of snow...and have no pride in home ownership. Believe me, you only need 1 of these folks to ruin it for everyone else.

Where we lived before (Cheval), they actually kept the HOA managed by a company, because homeowners cannot be trusted, because:
1. They were too old
2. They liked to go away a lot
3. Some renters didn't see fit to keep their end of the bargain
4. Fake investors from California who bought $400k worth of 3 bedroom, and couldn't make their mortgage payments anymore...there were more spiders in their pool than in the adjacent pond! and this is a top rated community in Lutz, 15 minutes from Trinity.

and so on......

HOWEVER, I don't think you should be too concerned with the HOA UNLESS you plan on buying a boat, or an RV. Most don't allow for that to be stored in your driveway (nor will they fit)...You should be concerned with how many HOMEOWNERS have made their primary residence in that community, and are actively paying their HOA dues....cause if not, you'll be paying for them as well.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:20 AM

Correct, but many city code ordinances often don't allow a boat or rv or jet ski's in a driveway either.

I'm surprised too about a HOA having to exist for people to maintain their yards and even though people sign the papers they start whining later on...

To me the main issue is that people dont take responsibility for what they sign anymore and HOA 's have to exist to basically force communities to stay nice....it says enough about the mentality of owners...

Nobody should whine about a HOA since people have. Choice to buy else where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I doubt that there is an HOA in South Tampa.

I thing maintaining your property has to do with what type of HOMEOWNER you are! because technically you should not need an HOA telling you to mow your own lawn!

The reason these newer communities (not just in Trinity) have HOA's is because of the people buying there...who are here for the lack of snow...and have no pride in home ownership. Believe me, you only need 1 of these folks to ruin it for everyone else.

Where we lived before (Cheval), they actually kept the HOA managed by a company, because homeowners cannot be trusted, because:
1. They were too old
2. They liked to go away a lot
3. Some renters didn't see fit to keep their end of the bargain
4. Fake investors from California who bought $400k worth of 3 bedroom, and couldn't make their mortgage payments anymore...there were more spiders in their pool than in the adjacent pond! and this is a top rated community in Lutz, 15 minutes from Trinity.

and so on......

HOWEVER, I don't think you should be too concerned with the HOA UNLESS you plan on buying a boat, or an RV. Most don't allow for that to be stored in your driveway (nor will they fit)...You should be concerned with how many HOMEOWNERS have made their primary residence in that community, and are actively paying their HOA dues....cause if not, you'll be paying for them as well.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:26 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
I know that, which is why they have communities outside Tampa, (going towards Orlando) that are designed specifically for RV owners.

Quote:
Correct, but many city code ordinances often don't allow a boat or rv or jet ski's in a driveway either.

I'm surprised too about a HOA having to exist for people to maintain their yards and even though people sign the papers they start whining later on...

To me the main issue is that people dont take responsibility for what they sign anymore and HOA 's have to exist to basically force communities to stay nice....it says enough about the mentality of owners...

Nobody should whine about a HOA since people have. Choice to buy else where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay