Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:01 PM

6 posts, read 11,388 times

Advertisements

So my family and I will be going to a Bucs games this fall. We were born and raised in Kansas so we are life long die hard Kansas City Chiefs fans KC is coming to town to take on the Bucs and this is our very rare chance to get to see them down here in Florida. We went to a preseason game at RayJames when the Chiefs were in town in 2010 so this will be our first regular season away game. I'm going online to buy the tickets but should I expect a high price depending on where we sit? I don't know much about the atmosphere of RaymondJ; what should we expect as far as tailgating (what do Bucs fans cook and eat) and tailgating rules and the cost of parking? What about being a fan of the opposite team; how are Bucs fans in general? Sorry for all the questions lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Middle October game. It probably will still be very hot/humid (1 pm kick off). The stadium can get really uncomfortable on hot days - be prepared for that by wearing lightweight clothing, hats, sun block -get well hydrated beforehand.

Parking is up to $25. You can find cheaper parking with a little walk ($10).

Buc fans can be obnoxious to opponent fans - depends on how much they've had to drink and how "in your face" the opponent fans get. I went to a Chiefs-Bucs game many year ago and remember a ton of Chiefs fans at the game - you won't be the only one in a red jersey.

Unfortunately, this is classic for Tampa area sports teams. So many residents of the area keep their allegiance to their old team and never adopt the Bucs/Rays/Bolts. Its one reason for our attendance problems for our teams.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:35 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Unfortunately, this is classic for Tampa area sports teams. So many residents of the area keep their allegiance to their old team and never adopt the Bucs/Rays/Bolts. Its one reason for our attendance problems for our teams.
except those pesky years when they win, right ?

Old 07-31-2012, 06:52 AM

420 posts, read 864,342 times
Good info BucFan. I can't wait until the Chargers come to town. I'll be wearing blue and gold for one day, but the rest of the season will be wearing red and black.

Last edited by GoRays813; 07-31-2012 at 07:20 AM..

Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 AM

There's not really much going on as far as tailgating. Every man for himself. Some people put up tent shelters, BBQ, and such, but it's really not a community affair - people in the area tend to keep to themselves, from what I see. The Bucs don't really have a fan friendly environment in the parking area - once you get into the gates you'll start seeing the rock bands situated around the stadium.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:47 AM

315 posts, read 652,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRays813 View Post
Good info BucFan. I can't wait until the Chargers come to town. I'll be wearing blue and gold for one day, but the rest of the season will be wearing red and black.
I hate that, what makes your old crappy town so great?

Old 07-31-2012, 12:00 PM

Its really difficult for fans who've been loyal to a team since their early childhood to suddenly give up their team when they move down to Tampa. I figure if they're here temporarily, they should keep their allegiance. But if they're here permanently, it's time to man up and become a genuine Buc (or Rays, or Bolts, or Magic) fan. Seeing all these opponent fans drive up in FLA licensed cars gets very old. You know they live here but don't support their hometown team (unless they're Super Bowl bound - everyone loves a winner). Pathetic.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:04 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Its really difficult for fans who've been loyal to a team since their early childhood to suddenly give up their team when they move down to Tampa. I figure if they're here temporarily, they should keep their allegiance. But if they're here permanently, it's time to man up and become a genuine Buc (or Rays, or Bolts, or Magic) fan. Seeing all these opponent fans drive up in FLA licensed cars gets very old. You know they live here but don't support their hometown team (unless they're Super Bowl bound - everyone loves a winner). Pathetic.

I understand how people love their teams from when they were kids.... but that era really should be over. Most teams are pretty much completely different teams every 5 years or so. Once all your favorite players are gone... you should join the home team. I have abandoned my previous teams for the home team.

HA - just thought of it though. I suppose it's easier to watch games other than the Bucs when in Tampa due to the blackout rule (Yes people, I know the rule has changed). LOL

My kids are growing up as Buc, Rays and Lightning Fans.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:32 PM

420 posts, read 864,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgt343 View Post
I hate that, what makes your old crappy town so great?
Haha there are a lot of other things to hate other than someone's support for a team that they grew up watching. I've adopted the Tampa Bay teams, but will always cheer for the southern CA teams too.

By the way- San Diego is awesome.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:43 PM

6 posts, read 11,388 times
Thanks for the info. I figured parking wouldn't be too bad but I don't mind walking a bit to get to the game. I was curious to know what Bucs fans did before the game like the culture, fan traditions, food for tailgating. I guess I'm used to Arrowhead Actually went to my first Chiefs game at Arrowhead last December vs. the Raiders. Saw one fight in the stadium and several in the parking lot; one of which spilled unto the hood of my dad's car Half of Arrowhead was silver and black but I should have known because the Raider Nation is everywhere. But hey, your team is your team no matter who it is Although I don't think I would go to Oakland Coliseum wearing any other color
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay