Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 02:45 PM

5 posts, read 31,408 times

Advertisements

bimmert.. Some deed restricted communities are a bit to strict.. Making people take down flag poles, telling people that no more trucks allowed to be parked in driveways.. I understand restrictions but some do go to far.. I couldn't handle living in a community like that. Just my 2 cents.

I just moved to Spring Hill and so far I like it.. The public schools are terrible but they do have some charter schools and all which I'm hoping to get my kids into. We just moved from Pasco county which I don't feel the schools were any better there.

Before moving to any county you should inquire about homeowners insurance. One county has real sinkholes which drive up the rate but other counties have false claims and so many of them that the counties insurance has sky rocketed to pay for them claims.. Just something to think about

Old 04-29-2006, 07:52 PM

598 posts, read 2,268,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl
Can't understand how a person complains about run down houses next to nice houses and then states that deed restricted communities aren't their "cup-o-tea"? Deed restrictions maintain the overall quality of a community to agreed upon standards and eliminate the "Fred Sanford" houses previously mentioned as a problem.

Most new developments are deed restricted. Plenty of them around any area north of Tampa. Sun Coast Parkway provides excellent access to Tampa. You might want to consider developments close to the parkway.

Sink holes are primarily a cottage industry created by plaintiff attorneys. Most "sink holes" aren't really sink holes but are due to poor construction and settleling of foundations. NPR is full of billboards advertising attorneys ready to handle your "sink hole" claim. It's cheaper for the insurance carriers to pay them than to fight the vast majority of the claims. It's not so much the proliferation of sink holes that are the problem but the proliferation of sink hole attorneys.
The op was asking about an area and I was giving an honest answer based on my experience. I thought I was being helpful. [moderator CUT]

I've lived in a deed restricted community for more than 15 years.... been there done that. I have NO intention of ever again allowing nosey-nothing-better-to-do-power-tripping petty neighbors with no business or simple common sense to govern my property, environment, or life. Ya know, there actually ARE non-restricted neighborhoods without the sandfords, then a trailor, then a 200k house... lol I suppose these deed-rest. communities give you a certain feeling of security, but I assure you they can have the same problems as non-deed rest. neighborhoods, including maintaining the overall quality of a community. I wholey cherish my freedom and assurance that I won't come home to find my trees and shrubs being ripped out because my neighbor thinks they are the source of his kitchen ants. lmao

Apparently you want to downplay the seriousness of sinkholes. "...poor construction and settleling of foundations"?? Ok, that explains the house with a 30' gaping crater in the livingroom floor Never seen settling cause a 15' drop overnight. That's just laughable. I saw more than I expected of REAL sinkholes while shopping for my home. People want the truth when they are looking to move into an unknown area. Don't mislead. It would also be truthful to note that some of these new communities are built on swampland and thrown up in split-second fashion. I'm sure there are many very nice communities around. Some are run very well and have few problems. Just be careful and do your homework before buying!

Last edited by Marka; 04-30-2006 at 12:05 AM..

Old 04-30-2006, 08:13 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times
Not really interested in a deed resticted area, I don't want my neighbors telling me what bushes for example I can or can't plant lol. Just want a nice clean and safe neighborhood,I know they are out there just finding them is the problem. Also of course the sinkhole and insurance issuses thrown on top of it...lol

Old 06-06-2006, 09:56 AM

6 posts, read 23,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree66
Spring Hill looks nice but I've heard there are alot of sink holes there. Is that true?
I have live in North Pasco for 35 years and I have seen, known and heard of many sinkholes in the area. I have an active sinkhole and only live 10 miles from spring hill...

Old 06-06-2006, 10:02 AM

6 posts, read 23,289 times
Default Ref: N.P.R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree66
Is new port richey a pretty safe area and are jobs plentiful without traveling into tampa?

N.P.R is a nice cute town, althought there has been a rise in new sinkhole activity right off main street.... Check into the sinkholes and Insurence...

Old 03-03-2007, 05:08 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,406 times
Smile Pasco County Fl. is Boring

O.K. if you are a family man I guess. Of course that is that you are willing to Florida school your kids. Fairly safe place I would say.

At night this place is a total bore. No real places to hang out at night. They shut down Green Key beach at night years ago. Now what fun is that? NPR is definately not a fun night place for younger people with a life.

Weather is humid and unbearable in summer. Nice the rest of year.

Lots of traffic on 19. That is a problem. Mass transit is nill.

House prices went crazy in last 7-8 years. In the older subdivisions west of 19, houses hit around $130+k. They used to be $35K or so. Buyers Be Careful. Lots of folks still asking full value although it appears that values are dropping fast. A very nice home near where I live that sits on a nicely landscaped corner lot and has a pool with a rather substantial screen enclosure just sold for $64K. Am starting to see other listings comming on market near $80k ask. That is ASK price. That is way off from $130K! Zillow is showing some actual sales prices in Pasco County for much much less! These may be foreclosures or damaged homes. Not sure, but I suspect they may be foreclosures. I have not verified the accuracy of those numbers.

I believe that prices may fall back to near pre boom prices ($35-50K?) before rising again. Turnaround time for market?...My guess is 3-5 years. Too many speculators and ignorant get rich quick amatuer buyers got involved. That, and low ARM mortage interest rates, really inflated values. Now those ARM interest rates will go up and some people will be in dire straights. There has also been an apparent overbuilding of new homes and condos which have recently come into the market. It now looks to be a buyers market with prices headed downward... At least for awhile.

It may be a while before a stable market based upon solid fundamentals returns. In the long run Florida should be a solid real estate market. That is, before global warming sends it all back into the sea from which it came. Hope this helps. OT2

Old 03-03-2007, 08:01 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,228 times
It's nice there, but I know the homeowner's insurance is really high!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:43 AM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,512 times
Default River Crossing in NPR?

Anyone familiar with the River Crossing subdivision? Any sinkholes in that area? Where can I find sinkhole reports for the city? I've searched online and can't find a thing. I want stats and actual locations.

What would the homeowners insurance run in an area like that for a $200K 2,000 sq. ft. pool home?

Varying comments about the schools...but, I'm thinking they're better than what Hillsborough has to offer. Nothing like finding your dream home listing with A rated elementary and middles schools and a "D" high school. What's the deal with that???!!!

Old 04-06-2008, 02:23 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glastron_79 View Post
Anyone familiar with the River Crossing subdivision? Any sinkholes in that area? Where can I find sinkhole reports for the city? I've searched online and can't find a thing. I want stats and actual locations.

What would the homeowners insurance run in an area like that for a $200K 2,000 sq. ft. pool home?

Varying comments about the schools...but, I'm thinking they're better than what Hillsborough has to offer. Nothing like finding your dream home listing with A rated elementary and middles schools and a "D" high school. What's the deal with that???!!!
The school system is Pasco is not very good. Gulf has an IB program but a lot of the area for that school is not very nice. I'd say the best bet is River Ridge which should be for River Crossing.

Last edited by sunrico90; 04-06-2008 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: Older thread if interested to continue start a new one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay