Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 03:36 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,731,320 times

Advertisements

I love how the RNC has closed roads in St pete, and should areas there flood, people are gonna be so screwed. The RNC/City of Tampa has already said they wont open the roads incase of evacuation, apparently a few VIPs are more important than evacuating people... so if you live in st pete and in an area that might flood, get out before everyone else does.

according to the RNC hotline the roads will not be reopened if needed to evacuate, they plan to redirect people if the need is there. The recording states (which was done this morning) that the roads are closed for the safety of the VIPs visiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 03:56 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,858,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
The path is locked in thanks to the ridge to our east. There is no way the storm could take a hard right unless the upper levels make a huge change.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:10 PM

4,972 posts, read 7,162,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
I love how the RNC has closed roads in St pete, and should areas there flood, people are gonna be so screwed. The RNC/City of Tampa has already said they wont open the roads incase of evacuation, apparently a few VIPs are more important than evacuating people... so if you live in st pete and in an area that might flood, get out before everyone else does.

according to the RNC hotline the roads will not be reopened if needed to evacuate, they plan to redirect people if the need is there. The recording states (which was done this morning) that the roads are closed for the safety of the VIPs visiting.
Real nice-glad to know what their stand is on the "common folk".

Old 08-26-2012, 04:14 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,234,143 times
Quote:
Storm will not even come close to us as i keep saying. The news people always get it wrong.
The width of the storm is hundreds of miles, so the outward bands can cause flooding in the area -

Old 08-26-2012, 04:55 PM

30,172 posts, read 20,894,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
The width of the storm is hundreds of miles, so the outward bands can cause flooding in the area -
They can, but they won't. Unlike Debby this system has a fast forward speed , Debby was stalled in the Bombing range 120 miles to our northwest in the gulf.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:22 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,283,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post

There arent any roads they have closed which would prevent people from evacuating.

I work downtown and got the official road and waterway closure map from the Sheriff's office.

I would be the first to diss the RNC for this, but it's just not true.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:48 PM

Just as well stop with the panic people, the storm is over and there is no chance of it effecting us in a bad way.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:36 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,595,551 times
Quote:
Just as well stop with the panic people, the storm is over and there is no chance of it effecting us in a bad way.

You have no idea what this storm will do. One model puts it 60 miles off our coast. There is also the possibility of tornadoes and flooding from a storm surge. I would consider that "effecting us in a bad way." Who's panicking anyway?

Old 08-26-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post

You have no idea what this storm will do. One model puts it 60 miles off our coast. There is also the possibility of tornadoes and flooding from a storm surge. I would consider that "effecting us in a bad way." Who's panicking anyway?
I have every clue what will happen. Anytime ya wanna go toe to toe with me on the weather i am all for it. I am more than happy to make a $10k bet with you on any system of your choice. When we get a storm surge that floods a area in our local area then get back with me.

This storm is moving away from us as i type this, it's already well past abeam of us to our south. No one knows our local weather like i do.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:51 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,595,551 times
Quote:
I have every clue what will happen. Anytime ya wanna go toe to toe with me on the weather i am all for it. I am more than happy to make a $10k bet with you on any system of your choice. When we get a storm surge that floods a area in our local area then get back with me.

This storm is moving away from us as i type this, it's already well past abeam of us to our south. No one knows our local weather like i do.
I don't want to bet you, and I also don't pretend to be some kind of weatherman. The experts(the ones who actually went to school to become meteorologist) can't say with 100% certainty what these storms are going to do. Why would I listen to some self-proclaimed weather expert?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay