Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 05:40 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,107 times

Advertisements

I never had a problem with cell phone service in Dallas. I moved to Lake City, FL with a Sprint phone and it would not function inside the house. So I closed the Sprint account and used a cheap pay-as-you-go buying more minutes as needed, no problem with the phone working inside the home.

I moved to Tampa and bought another expensive cell phone with AT&T service. Once again, it wouldn't function in the home except on the lanai. I switched phones and it still wouldn't work inside. So I closed the AT&T account and had to pay an extra $150 because of the two year contract.

I had a home phone installed by Brighthouse thinking it was a landline but it isn't. It needs the internet modem to function. Brighthouse does not install landlines and they will not use an existing landline. So anyway, I have the house phone and the only reason I now keep a cell phone is to have something with me in the car and away from home. Back to Walmart, I bought a $20 T-Mobile phone and purchased $100 of minutes that are good for one year. Their lesser options are good for only 90 days. No contract needed with this T-Mobile phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 05:52 AM

186 posts, read 377,631 times
Gosh, it's always something. Well, Lake City is way out there, that could be why. I think FL is so behind other states in everything, music and clothing included!
Ryan, yes, I think if you buy your own phone you can indeed move around carriers. I could be wrong, but it's the 'getting their phones for free' thing that locks you in pretty much. My contract is up in Dec finally after waiting forever it seemed so I'll see what the Galaxy costs straight up vs. getting the whole package for another two years. I keep going back and forth on the Galaxy vs. the HTC too! How will we ever decide yikes!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay