Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 12:20 AM

35,362 posts, read 20,722,137 times

Advertisements

I have searched HIGH n low,, so I know what you mean... but I'd be weary of opening your home too quick. I hear people will complain of too many cars etc, a prayer meting is being closed down in Venice Fl and FINED. have you visited Lifebridge? You might like it, specially if you have some teens- but that be real far if you are in Tampa. there is an article I think you would like-- called- "Where is the thological beef? by carm.. just google.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:20 AM

4,482 posts, read 9,247,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I have searched HIGH n low,, so I know what you mean... but I'd be weary of opening your home too quick. I hear people will complain of too many cars etc, a prayer meting is being closed down in Venice Fl and FINED. have you visited Lifebridge? You might like it, specially if you have some teens- but that be real far if you are in Tampa. there is an article I think you would like-- called- "Where is the thological beef? by carm.. just google.
Some home fellowships meet at each other's homes on a rotating basis, so they're not at the same home every week - and the larger the group, the less frequently they'll be there. I don't think most people would complain unless the group becomes obnoxious, putting up signs and crosses, having frequent, loud meetings, etc. The impact on the neighborhood wouldn't be any greater than a family having all the cousins over every month or so, or having any kind of party (except house church doesn't involve drunkenness).

Also, once a group gets to have more than 4 or five families that attend regularly, you lose the kind of fellowship OP is looking for. Then the groups tend to split or reform.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:34 PM

yes. that is true, I have seen some posts on craigslist for this too.. you might try there as well. Hope it goes well.. I am in Pinellas,,, bit far.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:35 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,871,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I'd be careful holding any bible study in your home. It seems to be war against Christians in America thanks in part to having a Muslim president. Our right to religion is fading too.

Arizona man sent to jail for holding Bible studies in his home | Fox News

This is not an isolated incident. Here is a family that held bible study in their own home, NOT open to the public but to family only. They live on 5 acres and isolated. The city is inventing all kinds of code violations to stop the Dad from telling his kids about Jesus.

Good luck to you and welcome to America.

Sorry to jump into your local forums. I just spent some time in your wonderful city of Tampa and enjoyed it. I just noticed this thread and this news article still eats me up.
Read the article. He wasn't jailed for holding bible studies in his home, he was jailed for violating a county zoning by-law. I think it is a silly thing to jail someone for, but that is another matter.

If your going to make a statement, please make sure it is accurate. WWJD????

Old 09-09-2012, 08:35 AM

This has been going on since prayer was stopped in our schools, not because of the president- maybe you should attend a prayer group, do you good .

did768--I hope you get lots of folks and truth be exchanged in your bible study, God bless it.

Last edited by Sunscape; 09-09-2012 at 09:43 AM..

Old 09-09-2012, 09:59 PM

4,482 posts, read 9,247,989 times
Regarding the Arizona man: pews, pulpit, tax-exempt status, 80 people, . . . I think I've read elsewhere that there was a sign and/or cross, but I could be wrong. Someday there may be true persecution of Christians in the United States, but this isn't even close. The Bible says to be zealous; unfortunately some people confuse zealous with obnoxious and are practically begging to be persecuted.

Christians living quiet lives, loving and respecting their neighbors, having friends over for food and a Bible study - hopefully this is what OP is talking about.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:22 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,527,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Read the article. He wasn't jailed for holding bible studies in his home, he was jailed for violating a county zoning by-law. I think it is a silly thing to jail someone for, but that is another matter.

If your going to make a statement, please make sure it is accurate. WWJD????
My statement on topic was dead on accurate. Sorry you saw otherwise. The man was released from his 60 day jail sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: