U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 07:15 AM

693 posts, read 1,076,169 times

Advertisements

The price of this home seems very reasonable for how nice it is. I have been out of the country for a while and know the housing market is very different from when I was in it last but is there anything that looks false, etc?

8907 Magnolia Chase Cir, Tampa, FL 33647 MLS# T2532117 - Zillow

Also, from where this home is in Tampa, would the drive to bay pines be a bad commute?

I will be working in Bay Pines but my wife is an RN and we thought there would be better pay and opportunities for her in Tampa then Pinellas County plus I would like to live in a more modern area and Pinellas County from the impression I get on the forum is that it has very bad traffic, high crime, old homes and much older population.

Thank for your advice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 08:56 AM

877 posts, read 1,798,256 times
The listing seems legitimate to me. However, a commute from New Tampa to Pinellas would be absolutely brutal.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 AM

35,316 posts, read 48,351,696 times
You might want to do that commute a few times before locking yourself in with a house purchase.Guaranteed that commute will get old real quick./
Its about a bad a commute as i could imagine..that said i'm sure lots of people do it everyday.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Cro...sz=11&t=m&z=10

I'd look for a house on the Pinellas side of the bay..Indian Rocks? Reddington etc.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:09 PM

Interestingly enough we have two polar opposites for cities to return to, Boston or Tampa, for my work. My wife is an RN so luckily can get a job most anywhere, she has a great work history with no gaps. The Zillow link is an example of the type of home we would like to purchase. We have learned from other conversations regarding a move to Tampa that Morton Plant would be a great employer for my wife in Pinellas County.

The biggest problem I am having is I havent been able to find homes/communities like the Zillow link IN Pinellas County that provides good schools for the kids (I have three) and safe family neighborhood.

This is the first time I have heard the places Indian Rocks and Reddington, but will look into them now.

Thank you.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:59 PM

1,946 posts, read 2,978,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavariantransplant View Post
The biggest problem I am having is I havent been able to find homes/communities like the Zillow link IN Pinellas County that provides good schools for the kids (I have three) and safe family neighborhood.
Palm Harbor is the easy choice. The problem is that the commute down to Bay Pines will be a bit harder than it looks due to lack of expressways. There are other good neighborhoods closer to Bay Pines, but that area requires more deftness in picking the neighborhood.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:59 PM

Could you provide me the neighborhoods that you are thinking about when you say, "good neighborhoods closer to Bay Pines, but that area requires more deftness in picking the neighborhood".

I am assuming if my wife is an experienced RN wanting to remain in a hospital setting, in Pinellas County, Morton Plant will be one of the larger better employers. We have communicated with them already and have gotten positive feedback.

With that said, I would rather keep her drive on the shorter side and mine a bit further. Doing this while still finding a home that is "as close to" that zillow link, great schools and good safe family vibe.

Traveling to Bay Pines I would like to keep my commute to around (or under) 45 minutes, I would be leaving home around 7am and leaving work around 4-5pm.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:13 AM

35,316 posts, read 48,351,696 times
How about St Pete's old Northeast section and the adjacent Crescent lake area..? which is just north of downtown St Pete.Under 30 minute commute each..
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/11/re.../11havens.html

Old 09-18-2012, 02:01 AM

Nice article, may be a pinch more then I can afford, really wanting to stay lower then $500k.

I will check and see what listings I can find and the school ratings.

Thanks.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 AM

37 posts, read 74,879 times
Old NE, Crescent Lake, Allendale, Snell Isle, Shore Acres, Placido Bayou....many, many great neighborhoods around 15 to 30 min. to Bay Pines or the beach. And please remember, that NY Times article was written back in 2007....price's have come down dramatically.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:44 AM

1,946 posts, read 2,978,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavariantransplant View Post
Could you provide me the neighborhoods that you are thinking about when you say, "good neighborhoods closer to Bay Pines, but that area requires more deftness in picking the neighborhood".
I don't know what they are, but it has been discussed before in this forum.

Here is an example of a search that might help. You can also spend some time at a website like greatschools.org looking for highly rated schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay