U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 03:22 AM

26 posts, read 30,713 times

Advertisements

cute people of Tampa, i am from Azerbaijan(Asia) and thinking about the moving to Tampa. i am looking for friends from Tampa, who can help me with my questions in future..
Rate this post positively

Old 09-22-2012, 03:32 AM

35,319 posts, read 44,607,235 times
Welcome to the forum..
Ask your questions..

Old 09-22-2012, 03:56 AM

16,082 posts, read 38,013,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshka View Post
cute people of Tampa, i am from Azerbaijan(Asia) and thinking about the moving to Tampa. i am looking for friends from Tampa, who can help me with my questions in future..
It's a message board, you can ask all kinds of questions and get a wide variety of perspectives.

As an aside, interesting to see someone from Azerhaijan interested in Tampa. What attracts you to it?

Old 09-24-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Welcome to the forum..
Ask your questions..
thank you a lot! at first i want to have some informations about the prices of the flat-rents for the family(4 children).. food expenses for the family(4 children)? another expenses? how can i get a job, and which kind of job can i find? slaries in Tampa? i want all these informations for the future!

Old 09-24-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
It's a message board, you can ask all kinds of questions and get a wide variety of perspectives.

As an aside, interesting to see someone from Azerhaijan interested in Tampa. What attracts you to it?
about 6 months i view cities of US, i have read a lot of informations about many cities of any states, and at last i found Tampa. i like this city: its climate, number of its population, lower crime rate and THE CITY IS VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL..

Old 09-24-2012, 04:59 AM

35,319 posts, read 44,607,235 times
Best way to get a general idea for housing prices and job availability and various prices on just about everything is looking through Tampa's Craigslist classified
craigslist: tampa bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Also a cost comparison chart between Tampa and Baku
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

On the chance that you still have the immigration procedure ahead of you heres the site that tells you how its done..
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Last edited by Yac; 09-26-2012 at 05:24 AM..

Old 09-24-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Best way to get a general idea for housing prices and job availability and various prices on just about everything is looking through Tampa's Craigslist classified
craigslist: tampa bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Also a cost comparison chart between Tampa and Baku
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

On the chance that you still have the immigration procedure ahead of you heres the site that tells you how its done..
USCIS Home Page
thank you very much! now i am trying to understand the sites recomended by you

Last edited by Yac; 09-26-2012 at 05:23 AM..

Old 09-24-2012, 08:30 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,128,003 times
I would also view indeed.com or snagajob.com for employment.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,011,384 times
Roshka, What type of work do you do in Azerbaijan? The job market here is not that great right now, and wages can be lower than other parts of the country.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:34 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,190,253 times
I wouldn't trust Craigslist for jobs at all! let alone if I came here from overseas. Its like a trap..be VERY careful with that. Matter of fact, MOST jobs advertised there are asking people to work for free! Meaning they DON'T WANT TO PAY YOU FOR YOUR TIME/WORK! The people posting the jobs have NO CLUE about "job descriptions" either! (as in they expect a web designer to do a graphic's designer job...which shockingly enough they are NOT the same job "still", but that happens with every field, the poster paste's a description they saw for some other job ad, and then whine about not paying you! Obviously you can't take that as a serious job source, or pay the bills with "work for free"!!!!!!!!!) which is ridiculous.

Indeed.com, careerbuilder.com, monster.com, or just Google "employment agencies" would give you better results.

Also, you cannot move here unless you have a relative here that can send you an invitation, a job that sponsors your visa, or win the visa lottery, or are an investor spending well over $100,000 to start a business here. More here: USCIS Home Page

I would say first figure out if you can even come here LEGALLY, then contact an employment agency and see if the work field you're in (your current job) is something in demand here at all, cause if you're coming here to be another bartender, that's not going to pay the bills, or feed 4 children!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay