Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 03:07 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Disclaimer.....

Sex offender mentioned is in his fifties and according to the police flier had sex with a person under the age of 12!!!!!
avoid like the plague and do what you can to ensure law enforcement knows about this
http://www.questia.com/library/1G1-1...aren-t-allowed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 03:55 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,861,703 times
Sounds like unconstitutional "double jeopardy" punishment to me.

People have a right to free speech. Halloween decorations are speech. If a "sex offender" lives in your area, and he is not on parole, he was released from confinement and has "done his time." Leave him alone.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM

82 posts, read 207,374 times
Quote:
People have a right to free speech. Halloween decorations are speech. If a "sex offender" lives in your area, and he is not on parole, he was released from confinement and has "done his time." Leave him alone.
No offense, but do you have children? Regardless of that though, if it's against the law it's against the law. I see this two ways:

1. Most kids are not trick or treating at ANY age by themselves, therefore, I would highly doubt that a sex offender would even be able to really do anything per se.
2. The problem lies with them "making contact" with kids to begin with. they may be with a group now, but that doesn't mean they won't be alone later and think that this person is a nice person and trust them.

BTW, just because they did their time doesn't mean that they are/were cured of their disease. People need ot stop being so naive and think "It'll never happen to me".

Looking forward for an update on what the police said/did in this case.....

Old 10-04-2012, 05:33 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times
A sex offender does not always mean they are attracted to children, there are MULTIPLE ways someone gets labeled a sex offender. How hard is it to watch where your children go when they're out for halloween. Oh wait, that would be common sense.

For what its worth, i DO have a child who will be trick or treating and I still would have no problem with them putting up decorations so long as they are not putting out candy or taking trick or treaters at their house. However, if its against the law (which it was not stated in the OP) then that's something else entirely. If they're breaking the law, then report it and move the hell on.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:58 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
They are not allowed to entice children in any way. I found this although it was from 09, I doubt the law has been repealed. The one in our neighborhood couldn't even put up Christmas lights.

Tampa Police do annual Halloween visit to sex predators and offenders | TBO.com
We want the predators the offenders to know that they are not allowed entice kids in any way by having candy on the porch by dressing up in any Halloween costumes or by even having the Halloween decorations on their house," said detective Yolanda Cox.
I called Pasco sheriff's office who gave me the number for the offender phone line and they stated in Pasco County sex offenders can have it up unless they have restrictions which he doesn't have

3 grand kids were removed by child protecting services last year from his house but a new born baby is allowed to stay there...to me there is a lot wrong which harms all our kids and/or brings them in danger of preditors like this.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
It's a very screwed up world we live in where a man convicted of having sex with a child under 12 is allowed to decorate his home to entice( for the most part) children under 12!!!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
It's a very screwed up world we live in where a man convicted of having sex with a child under 12 is allowed to decorate his home to entice( for the most part) children under 12!!!
Absolutely.

Recently we had a request from a potential tenant if he would be accepted since he is a registred sex offender for sex which he had with the person who is now his wife. He showed proof of a marriage license and a letter from his lawyer...in the end the owner denied him but I personally would have rented to a person like that, even thought they had a big age difference of 10 years so the girl was like 15 when it happened.

I have seen 15 yr old girls dressed up and looking like 18 or older...

Old 10-06-2012, 07:27 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
I don't know if they still do this but several years ago in Hillsborough County they rounded up all the sex offenders on Halloween and took them to a building for a class or something like that.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 AM

315 posts, read 652,270 times
only in FL would you need a thread like this, seems they are everywhere down here!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:41 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
There are 3 yrs olds dressed like adult women on TV doing a song and dance- DOES not constitute a right for anyone to touch them PERIOD> and "TARP" I invite you to the sheriff's office to see some of the damage done to children to see if you really feel the same- the penalty of being a sex offender is to have the lable for life... so no- we do not turn the other way. should other crimes be as bad sure- but so far, this is it- and I am appalled Sandusky only got 30 yrs... you sell drugs and get life,, sad!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay