U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 04:22 AM

693 posts, read 1,011,007 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be working at Bay Pines, my wife is an RN and has gotten positive feedback from Morton Plant and it seems like a very nice hospital.

Google maps says 20 minutes to Morton Plant (300 Pinellas Street, Clearwater) and 37 minutes to Bay Pines VA. How accurate is this for a work week commute around 7am going and 4pm returning.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 05:32 AM

4,557 posts, read 6,924,626 times
Going from where to Morton Plant Hospital?

Old 10-27-2012, 08:47 AM

haha, sorry about that.

This is going from Safety Harbor to Morton Plant (for my wife) and Bay Pines (for me).

Old 10-28-2012, 06:51 AM
BBI

490 posts, read 852,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavariantransplant View Post
haha, sorry about that.

This is going from Safety Harbor to Morton Plant (for my wife) and Bay Pines (for me).
That's not my commute, but rush hour here is not very long. Generally, traffic is light at 7am, and, at 4pm, you'll see the beginnings of the afternoon rush, but you'll beat most of it. So google times should be pretty much right. If you get stuck at work until 5, I'd double the google time.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:18 AM

Thanks, what location would be best for a safety harbor type neighborhood and schools in the 400-500k range if one person was working at Bay Pines and the other at St. Josephs in Tampa?

Old 10-28-2012, 12:31 PM

25,648 posts, read 14,356,159 times
To Morton hosp 15 min but T Bay Pines... hmmm better mapquest that one rt 19 is under construction n has many lights... alottt of traffic

Old 10-29-2012, 11:36 AM
BBI

Quote:
Thanks, what location would be best for a safety harbor type neighborhood and schools in the 400-500k range if one person was working at Bay Pines and the other at St. Josephs in Tampa?
When you say "Safety Harbor type" do you mean in the little tiny downtown, bayfront, or in one of the gated/cookie-cutter developments? I'm not sure what sort of "feel" you're looking for.

If you're looking for gated/cookie-cutter, that's Safety Harbor and north (East Lake, Westchase, etc.), so SH is your best bet from a commute perspective.

If you're OK without gated/cookie-cutter, (1) northeast St. Pete (400-500k means Old NE, Snell Isle, waterfront further north) would be shorter to Bay Pines and about the same time as Safety Harbor to St. Joseph's; and (2) South Tampa would be a very easy commute to St. Joseph's and about the same time as Safety Harbor to Bay Pines.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 AM

I certainly dont need a gated cookie cutter but not against it. I do need a 4 bedroom and we normally do not like older homes, probably want to stay in this century.

When I say SH feel, I mean good schools, family neighborhood. I keep reading prior posts about St. Pete NE but the homes are much more then 500k.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:27 PM
BBI

Quote:
I certainly dont need a gated cookie cutter but not against it. I do need a 4 bedroom and we normally do not like older homes, probably want to stay in this century.

When I say SH feel, I mean good schools, family neighborhood. I keep reading prior posts about St. Pete NE but the homes are much more then 500k.
Most southern Pinellas and Tampa neighborhoods were developed a long time ago. So very light inventory on homes from this century, and I'd expect the newer homes are priced accordingly. I mean, I'm sure you can find 4-bedroom homes for under $500k in northeast St. Pete, but I'm not sure they'll fit your age and other requirements. Anyway, most newer construction is further north (frequently in planned/gated communities), and not terribly convenient to Bay Pines or Tampa, let alone both. Tough situation, depending on your commute requirements. SH may be your best bet.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:56 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,672,313 times
If one is at Bay Pines and one in Clearwater and you want a nice neighborhood with good schools, consider Seminole, about 20 mins from both, and Seminole is middle, with beaches close by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay