Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 06:29 AM

62 posts, read 114,439 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I are looking to move soon. We currently live in Riverview on the border with Brandon, and our house is being sold by the end of this month. My job is located in Carrollwood on N. Dale Mabry, and it's been rough for us since I don't drive (anxiety issues). DH has had to drive me back and forth to Carrollwood daily since last February, and the strain really hurts in the pocket book department since it's 25 miles ONE WAY (making the drive for him a hundred miles a day round trip dropping me off in the morning then picking me up in the evening). We're currently spending a hundred and twenty dollars a WEEK on gas alone.

So we're looking for places, and prefer to rent in a mobile home park type setting (neither of us care for apartment complexes). I'm hoping for something much closer to my work in Carrollwood. We want to avoid the city proper, and I recently found a place in Lutz on 41 that looks alright from the google maps street view. We've not gone and checked it out in person yet. The park is called Pinetree Village.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this park in particular, or the surrounding area. I am also curious as to how bad the traffic is through there. I've already sex offender checked (I have a six year old) a mile radius around this park's address and found nothing coming up, which gives me some hope that this might be a decent area to live in.

Thoughts, comments, concerns all would be lovely! (If you've got them)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 02:58 PM

148 posts, read 377,888 times
41 and what? I live in Willow Bend, near 41 and 54 and the area is nice. I'm not sure how the commute would be to Carrolwood, but it's not that far.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:58 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,467,306 times
That is a nice area Mom2M&J and a short commute of 10-15 minutes. There is another Mobile Home Park right off HWY 54 right next to Ospry Road. It sits in a nice area and is pretty close to many places to eat, shop, etc...

Old 11-06-2012, 05:32 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,314,637 times
The OP is looking for mobile home parks. Anything east off 41 is VERY sketchy.

Willow Bend is nice, but not a mobile home park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2M&J View Post
41 and what? I live in Willow Bend, near 41 and 54 and the area is nice. I'm not sure how the commute would be to Carrolwood, but it's not that far.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:35 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,611,644 times
I'd say, "Go for it, Lilycakes." I have no personal experience with the MHP, but I am in that area A LOT (just yesterday, actually). The location is close enough to Super WM, Target, Publix, Winn-Dixie & other good stores. It's a convenient commute to Carrollwood and there are multiple options to get there. It's very close to some really nice neighborhoods, too... even Tiffany Oaks which is east of US41. The only downside I see is the railroad tracks. If you can put up with trains a couple of times each day, I think it's fine.

I can really relate to your current situation with a long commute. I did something similar a long time ago (Rocky Point to Northdale) and it got old really quick. Good luck to you!

Old 11-06-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
The OP is looking for mobile home parks. Anything east off 41 is VERY sketchy.

Willow Bend is nice, but not a mobile home park.
The place in question is juuuust north of Crenshaw Lake Rd / Whittaker Rd on 41. It's technically west of 41 but the address for it is right on the road. It probably looks like only 20 or so trailers in the park.

I did a sex offender check (especially since I have a six year old!) and didn't get any matches within a mile radius, so that's a huge plus for me. Of course, he won't be ANYWHERE without adult supervision, ever, but it's still good to know.

I was warned off of anything more south than where I'm looking, especially the places on Skipper Road, because it seems it's a sex offender mecca or something.

The owners of the little deli next door to my workplace was born, raised, and lived in Lutz her entire life. She said she loves it there and is very glad to have her kids be raised there, which is very encouraging to me. I told her I called the ad I'd found but hadn't gotten a returning phone call yet, and she very kindly offered to go over there (since I don't get out of work until quite late) and see what's going on for me. She also told me she'd check out a couple other parks in the area and see if they had anything available. I would do it myself, but I'm working full shifts all week until Thursday, when hopefully I can hear from this place and go check it out!

...those folks next door to us are great. If you want a sandwich, check out Shorti's Deli on N. Dale Mabry! lol

Old 11-06-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
I'd say, "Go for it, Lilycakes." I have no personal experience with the MHP, but I am in that area A LOT (just yesterday, actually). The location is close enough to Super WM, Target, Publix, Winn-Dixie & other good stores. It's a convenient commute to Carrollwood and there are multiple options to get there. It's very close to some really nice neighborhoods, too... even Tiffany Oaks which is east of US41. The only downside I see is the railroad tracks. If you can put up with trains a couple of times each day, I think it's fine.

I can really relate to your current situation with a long commute. I did something similar a long time ago (Rocky Point to Northdale) and it got old really quick. Good luck to you!
...I should've multiquoted, but I missed the chance!

Railroad tracks are NO problem to me at all. I grew up with them right nextdoor to our property for pretty much my entire life. I actually find the train going by kind of comforting, because the one we had was close neough to the house to shake it a little and I loved the vibrations it gave off. I guess that's kind of odd, but there it is! lol

And yes, the commute is absolutely killer! I hate shelling out a quarter of my paycheck to the gas tank! Hopefully we'll hear something from the people managing this place so that we can go see it on Thursday. I've checked out their ad and will have all the money I need to deposit on the place on Thursday if we turn out to like it.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:04 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,314,637 times
Ok. Here's on a map.

The train tracks run parallel with 41, so if you're in a bit, it might not be as loud. That is generally a pretty quiet area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilycakes View Post
The place in question is juuuust north of Crenshaw Lake Rd / Whittaker Rd on 41. It's technically west of 41 but the address for it is right on the road. It probably looks like only 20 or so trailers in the park.

I did a sex offender check (especially since I have a six year old!) and didn't get any matches within a mile radius, so that's a huge plus for me. Of course, he won't be ANYWHERE without adult supervision, ever, but it's still good to know.

I was warned off of anything more south than where I'm looking, especially the places on Skipper Road, because it seems it's a sex offender mecca or something.

The owners of the little deli next door to my workplace was born, raised, and lived in Lutz her entire life. She said she loves it there and is very glad to have her kids be raised there, which is very encouraging to me. I told her I called the ad I'd found but hadn't gotten a returning phone call yet, and she very kindly offered to go over there (since I don't get out of work until quite late) and see what's going on for me. She also told me she'd check out a couple other parks in the area and see if they had anything available. I would do it myself, but I'm working full shifts all week until Thursday, when hopefully I can hear from this place and go check it out!

...those folks next door to us are great. If you want a sandwich, check out Shorti's Deli on N. Dale Mabry! lol
Attached Thumbnails
Regarding Lutz area MHPs.-lutz.jpg   Regarding Lutz area MHPs.-lutz-train.jpg  

Old 11-06-2012, 02:13 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,133,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Tampa Karen... yer so silly. Northdale to Rocky Point was my old commute. Now my commute is Northdale to I-75 and MLK!!!

Needless to say... I miss my old commute.

Sounds like LilyCakes and I need to switch jobs! My job is close to her home and her job is close to my home. Go figure.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:16 AM

I still haven't heard anything from this place in Lutz, but I've moved on to another. Tomorrow we're driving to Land O' Lakes to check out a 2 bedroom trailer in an 8 trailer park. It looks really nice and it's in the country, both huge plusses for us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay