U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-17-2012, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
3,237 posts, read 5,476,666 times
Reputation: 1492

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
That is documented.
Source?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2012, 05:44 PM
 
152 posts, read 437,663 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Wow some of you folks are totally brainwashed (too much fluoride, maybe?). For decades it has been known to have negative effects on the body and brain. It was used in WWII to keep the people in Germany passive. The stuff is nasty for the body.

Here is a recent study.
Impact of Fluoride on Neurological Development in Children - July 25, 2012 -Features - News at HSPH - Harvard School of Public Health
Stop believing everything the government tells you. They are caught lying daily, yet some people will fall for anything they say regardless of the facts that prove they are not being honest. Fluoride has no benefits being added to our water. It does have negative effect though. Just read the back of your toothpaste tube. Look at the ingrediants in RAT POISON.

Saccharin was once thought to be completely safe, only to later discover it causes cancer. Aspartame replaced it and now 30 years later (or thereabouts) we are finding it too causes major health issues.

If people want fluoride in their water, it should be administered at their meters, not in everyones.
The benefits of fluoride are not debatable, just review the numerous studies that have been published over dacades. Have you actually read the full study you just cited? My guess is no, but here is a wonderfully written piece on why you may want to, as it may further your understanding of the nuances of science:

Will Fluoridated Water Lower My Child
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2012, 06:33 PM
 
822 posts, read 1,523,493 times
Reputation: 429
I've found an article on the effects of flouride. It is lengthy and the first few paragraphs deal with flouride from a historical perspective.
FLUORIDATION: Mind Control of the Masses
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2012, 11:47 PM
 
Location: In a little house on the prairie - literally
10,202 posts, read 6,591,902 times
Reputation: 4537
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
I've found an article on the effects of flouride. It is lengthy and the first few paragraphs deal with flouride from a historical perspective.
FLUORIDATION: Mind Control of the Masses
Yes, as soon as a website promotes 'detox' as a procedure contrary to any medical practice, one knows what perspective it comes from.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2012, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Wake County, NC
2,983 posts, read 4,010,687 times
Reputation: 3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
I've found an article on the effects of flouride. It is lengthy and the first few paragraphs deal with flouride from a historical perspective.
FLUORIDATION: Mind Control of the Masses
I stopped reading after the first few sentences.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 PM
 
76 posts, read 197,300 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Wow some of you folks are totally brainwashed (too much fluoride, maybe?). For decades it has been known to have negative effects on the body and brain. It was used in WWII to keep the people in Germany passive. The stuff is nasty for the body.

Here is a recent study.
Impact of Fluoride on Neurological Development in Children - July 25, 2012 -Features - News at HSPH - Harvard School of Public Health
Stop believing everything the government tells you. They are caught lying daily, yet some people will fall for anything they say regardless of the facts that prove they are not being honest. Fluoride has no benefits being added to our water. It does have negative effect though. Just read the back of your toothpaste tube. Look at the ingrediants in RAT POISON.

Saccharin was once thought to be completely safe, only to later discover it causes cancer. Aspartame replaced it and now 30 years later (or thereabouts) we are finding it too causes major health issues.

If people want fluoride in their water, it should be administered at their meters, not in everyones.
I find it completely mind boggling that so many people just accept to believe whatever some paid gov't study tells them. Its well documented that things the FDA approved in the past, has been removed due to further studes. The recent Harvard study proved there are lower IQ scores in children from 5-12. For some reason, they backtracked and said it was only high doses. The American allowance of flouride in drinking water is 4mg/L. So if you look at the study, yes there were instances in some cites that did have up to 12mg/L, there were also cities that had under USA guidelines of 4mg/L and were 2mg/L that also saw significant lowered IQ levels.

Also, and obviously, there were no IQ studies for children developmental brain function of infants 0-3. And I don't even want to think about the affects of a fetus although there was a study on on dead fetus that measured cites w/fluoride vs cities w/out fluoride and there was definite accumulation in fetus w/fluoride....

to say an adult drinks X amount of water per day doesn't really mean much... plus, we're talking about infant/child neurological development.... also, you must take into account that we all shower w/fluoridate water, cook with it, drink soda/juice/beer, etc and it all has fluoridated water... we all ingest it and it accumulates over time, some if filtered some leaves your body, and yes, you do accumulate it... to say swishing it around in your mouth for 30 seconds and spitting it out prevents tooth decay, I could buy, but I didn't look at those studies, so I can't say one or the other.....but to put it in your water and have our kids ingest it over and over, day after day, thru all liquids and foods, to me its just raises a red flag...even the harvard study said we needed more study done in the US regarding the issue...well, I say take it out, have several independent studies, and then decide...

remember folks, this isn't some plant based organic substance that is being added to yours and your childrens drinking water, its a TOXIC POISON... why don't they put other drugs or chemicals or even vitamins to make us feel better or prevent sickness/illness....c'mon guys, I think its time to think outside the box a little

also, not sure if there is some type of agenda, but I find it amusing when you speak out against something with validity, and some people will pull the old jr high, mocking, teaming up and bullying tactics to get others not to speak up...its a pretty old tactic , which actually works, but I just find it funny how its used .... anyways, sorry for the long post/rant/reply... keep up speaking out against it...several cities all around the world have banned it for a reason, so don't let some online thugs deter you...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 02:44 PM
 
152 posts, read 437,663 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by papitosabe View Post
I find it completely mind boggling that so many people just accept to believe whatever some paid gov't study tells them. Its well documented that things the FDA approved in the past, has been removed due to further studes. The recent Harvard study proved there are lower IQ scores in children from 5-12. For some reason, they backtracked and said it was only high doses. The American allowance of flouride in drinking water is 4mg/L. So if you look at the study, yes there were instances in some cites that did have up to 12mg/L, there were also cities that had under USA guidelines of 4mg/L and were 2mg/L that also saw significant lowered IQ levels.

Also, and obviously, there were no IQ studies for children developmental brain function of infants 0-3. And I don't even want to think about the affects of a fetus although there was a study on on dead fetus that measured cites w/fluoride vs cities w/out fluoride and there was definite accumulation in fetus w/fluoride....

to say an adult drinks X amount of water per day doesn't really mean much... plus, we're talking about infant/child neurological development.... also, you must take into account that we all shower w/fluoridate water, cook with it, drink soda/juice/beer, etc and it all has fluoridated water... we all ingest it and it accumulates over time, some if filtered some leaves your body, and yes, you do accumulate it... to say swishing it around in your mouth for 30 seconds and spitting it out prevents tooth decay, I could buy, but I didn't look at those studies, so I can't say one or the other.....but to put it in your water and have our kids ingest it over and over, day after day, thru all liquids and foods, to me its just raises a red flag...even the harvard study said we needed more study done in the US regarding the issue...well, I say take it out, have several independent studies, and then decide...

remember folks, this isn't some plant based organic substance that is being added to yours and your childrens drinking water, its a TOXIC POISON... why don't they put other drugs or chemicals or even vitamins to make us feel better or prevent sickness/illness....c'mon guys, I think its time to think outside the box a little

also, not sure if there is some type of agenda, but I find it amusing when you speak out against something with validity, and some people will pull the old jr high, mocking, teaming up and bullying tactics to get others not to speak up...its a pretty old tactic , which actually works, but I just find it funny how its used .... anyways, sorry for the long post/rant/reply... keep up speaking out against it...several cities all around the world have banned it for a reason, so don't let some online thugs deter you...
I dont have the time to go into detail regarding the inaccuracies you cite above, so instead Ill refer you to a comprehensive source regarding fluoridation and simply encourage you to consider your sources of information carefully:

http://www.ada.org/sections/newsAndE...tion_facts.pdf
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 03:50 PM
 
76 posts, read 197,300 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne0626 View Post
I dont have the time to go into detail regarding the inaccuracies you cite above, so instead Ill refer you to a comprehensive source regarding fluoridation and simply encourage you to consider your sources of information carefully:

http://www.ada.org/sections/newsAndE...tion_facts.pdf
I've seen that, and the CDC has a similar view. We can both agree that sodium fluoride is a toxin, even the latest Harvard study says we need further study on low level water fluoridation. Even though that study did show lowered IQ levels in even low dosage amounts, their recommondation was that further studies needed to be done in the US. How about removing toxic waste from the water, while independent studies prove its safe, and proves that fluoridation in fact prevents tooth decay.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Wake County, NC
2,983 posts, read 4,010,687 times
Reputation: 3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by papitosabe View Post
I've seen that, and the CDC has a similar view. We can both agree that sodium fluoride is a toxin, even the latest Harvard study says we need further study on low level water fluoridation. Even though that study did show lowered IQ levels in even low dosage amounts, their recommondation was that further studies needed to be done in the US. How about removing toxic waste from the water, while independent studies prove its safe, and proves that fluoridation in fact prevents tooth decay.
So do most dentist.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 06:28 PM
 
76 posts, read 197,300 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
So do most dentist.
yea, based on the ADA ... and there are many dentists that actually give fluoride tablets to kids that don't have fluoridated water.... but there are also dentists that don't recommend it...and why do you think Gerber's baby water by the gallon doesn't contain fluoride?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top